USB to converter
allows you to connect a RS-232 serial device with our matrix switchers matrix switchers to a USB port on your desktop or laptop PC. The most excellent thing about this adapter is that it is universal - it works on every OS like Linux, Windows, and Mac OS X. At most maybe some drivers may be needed but once they're installed the adapter just works.
USB to RS-232 Converter Features:
- Allows any PC to connect serial devices and programs that communicate through COM ports
- 24-inch cable with standard USB Type A Male to standard 9-pin DB9 RS-232 serial connector
- PL-2303HX Rev. D Chipset for widest possible compatibility with Windows, Mac, Linux, and other platforms
- Programmable baud rate from 75bps to 12Mbps. Typical speeds up to 230Kbps
- Plug and play creation of a COM port. Powered by USB - no external power needed
- Links USB & non-USB computers & peripherals
- Connects a Rs232 terminal port to a computer through a USB port
- USB-A male/DB9 male connectors
- Portable design
- Plug & play/hot-swapping
- Detects USB suspend condition
- Supports BUS Power, no external power adapter required
- USB 1.1 Specifications, RS-232 serial interface.
- Easy installation with Universal Plug and Play.
- Compliant with Windows 7/8/Vista/XP/2000/ME/98SE and Windows 10, and Mac OS 10.1~10.6 and above.
This USB to RS-232 Converter is based on the PL-2303HX Rev. D Chipset and is one of the few with true cross-platform support as other models are lacking drivers for Mac, Linux, Vista/7, and 64-bit flavors of Windows. If you need something that will just work no matter what you're running get a USB to RS-232 Converter based on the PL-2303HX Rev. D Chipset.
You have to install the USB to RS-232 Converter driver with the CD first but once you do it works great with Windows or Mac OS X (10.5). You do not have to reboot after the driver install even though it is really insistent about it.
This little adapter is about the handiest thing for anyone needing regular or occasional access to a serial console. In this modern era of portable computing, the serial port has been sacrificed on the alter of portability, but this adapter will redeem this era. It provides a serial COM port with a standard 9-pin port via USB.
Terminal emulation from three different computers, one new desktop and two old laptops, all running Windows 10. Each worked perfectly, exactly as terminal emulation works with a direct serial connection. No special drivers or extra software required, except the terminal emulation program.
Works with devices with RS-232 serial ports like any of our matrix switchers as well as other PCs with RS-232 ports, Bluetooth serial adapters, PDAs, GPS receivers, routers, firewalls, modems, printers, embedded character displays, scan tools, sonar units, embedded boards, etc. Specific devices include: Garmin eTrex GPS, Seiko Label Printer, iRobot Create, Cisco products with serial consoles, US Robotics Modems, NexStar telescopes, Equus Scan Tools, Uniden Hand Held Scanners, etc. Works with software like: HyperTerminal, TeraTerm, WinDBG, all open source serial software on Linux, etc.
Warranty HDTV Supply
includes a 1 Year Limited U.S. Warranty on this product. The U.S. warranty states that (a) its products will perform substantially in accordance with the accompanying written materials for a period of 1 year from the date of receipt & (b) that the Product will be free from defects in materials & workmanship under normal use & service for a period of 1 year. In order to get a warranty replacement for a defective item, HDTV Supplys Support Team will verify the product is eligible for warranty. An RMA number will then be issued. Shipped replacements will be in like new conditions, tested & all components included. A 30-day RETURN also comes with this warranty as well as Free Lifetime Tech Support.HDTV Supply
also sells a 3 and 5 Year Extended U.S. Warranty for this product. Please go to Extended Warranties
or see the above Options to purchase it.