USB to converterallows you to connect a RS-232 serial device with our matrix switchers matrix switchers to a USB port on your desktop or laptop PC. The most excellent thing about this adapter is that it is universal - it works on every OS like Linux, Windows, and Mac OS X. At most maybe some drivers may be needed but once they're installed the adapter just works.
USB to RS-232 Converter Features:
- Allows any PC to connect serial devices and programs that communicate through COM ports
- 24-inch cable with standard USB Type A Male to standard 9-pin DB9 RS-232 serial connector
- PL-2303HX Rev. D Chipset for widest possible compatibility with Windows, Mac, Linux, and other platforms
- Programmable baud rate from 75bps to 12Mbps. Typical speeds up to 230Kbps
- Plug and play creation of a COM port. Powered by USB - no external power needed
- Links USB & non-USB computers & peripherals
- Connects a Rs232 terminal port to a computer through a USB port
- USB-A male/DB9 male connectors
- Portable design
- Plug & play/hot-swapping
- Detects USB suspend condition
- Supports BUS Power, no external power adapter required
- USB 1.1 Specifications, RS-232 serial interface.
- Easy installation with Universal Plug and Play.
- Compliant with Windows 7/8/Vista/XP/2000/ME/98SE and Windows 10, and Mac OS 10.1~10.6 and above.
You have to install the USB to RS-232 Converter driver with the CD first but once you do it works great with Windows or Mac OS X (10.5). You do not have to reboot after the driver install even though it is really insistent about it.
Terminal emulation from three different computers, one new desktop and two old laptops, all running Windows 10. Each worked perfectly, exactly as terminal emulation works with a direct serial connection. No special drivers or extra software required, except the terminal emulation program.