These EDID Adapters allow you to trick HDTV or PC displays while "tricking" the source devices into continuously reading the EDID display information.
These EDID Adapters Emulators may also help to eliminate HDMI's troublesome EDID and HDCP handshake issues like: HDTV Supplys new EDID Cheater is used to emulate EDID information allowing the maximum video display performance when using extenders or other devices that have difficulty supporting EDID communication. The HDMI EDID Cheater is designed to emulate the EDID (Extended Display Identification Data) information of a display. Without the addition of the HDMI EDID Cheater, the video system performance may be limited to a lower video resolution that the maximum capability of the display. Many EDID cheaters tout they solve HDMI EDID problems but the more presets you have the better the chance.
- Your source device is not capturing the displays EDID due to having many devices in series with a source
- Your PC is not capturing the EDID from your display when you are using HDMI splitters
- Your PC is not capturing the EDID from your display when you are using HDMI switchers
- Your PC is not capturing the EDID from your display when you are using HDMI matrix switchers
- Your PC is not capturing the EDID from your display when you are using HDMI over CAT5 extenders
- An AppleTV not capturing the EDID from a display when you are using any of the above HDMI devices
- You have mixed resolution TVs on your HDMI splitter or HDMI matrix
- Your widescreens are greater than 3 years old with older EDID chip sets in them
- plus other common EDID issues