Working together, HDTV Supply and our WolfPack™ HDMI Modular Matrix systems easily integrates Audio / Video into one easy to use package. From one touch of a tablet, you are ready to serve your customers, and with another ready to go home for the night. You will no longer need to keep track of many handheld remote controls. With the versatility of the DVRpod controller one can easily integrate the package with our WolfPack™ HDMI Modular Matrix systems. We have partnered with www.allonis.com to integrate their hardware & software package with our matrix systems.
This Sports Bar Control System with a Custom Floor Plan based upon your Sportsbar TV layout and using any Samsung, Android, or iPad Tablet you have the following options:
- Send one source to multiple TVs with one touch
- See what's playing on each TV
- Your floor pan shows where the TVs are located
- Uses any Samsung, Android, or iPad Tablet
- You do not have to go back to the equipment room to change DirecTV channels anymore
- Video Walls - Combine multiple TVs into one large TV that everyone can see. While Video Walls comprised of 4 or 9 TVs are the most common our software will easily allow you to configure Video Walls of any size.
- Select from a variety of media sources such as Satellite TV tuners, computer sourced media (like power point), Apple TV, Roku and others.
- The system is ready for business with a click and with another, shuts down for the night.
- All your business' systems can be integrated into one view: Climate, lighting, and security all in one application.
- Operate the system anywhere you are connected to the Internet, even at home.
The Sports Bar Control System with a Custom Floor Plan consists of both hardware, software, and several programming hours to create.
- Hardware: myServer 6, Debian operating system, Controller, 4gig Ram, 3A power supply (wall mount) & 32gig USB
- Create a Template for an iPad Tablet
- Programming hours to Program Sports Bar System with the matrix
- It includes a Unmanaged rack mount Network Hub
- Programming hours for Floor Plan graphical development
These WolfPack™ Modular We have partnered with www.allonis.com to integrate their hardware & software package with our matrix systems. Matrix Switchers can be used in Sports Bars, Restaurants, Casinos, Gentleman's Clubs, Bowling Alleys, Fitness Centers, Malls, Places of Worship, Data Centers, Gaming Rooms, Nail Salons, County Clubs, Factories, Conference Rooms, Schools, Home Theaters, or many other installations requiring HDMI matrix switching.
Our WolfPack™ Sports Bar DirecTV DVRpod System allows you to:
- Send any DirecTV TV channel to any TV
- Switch any DirecTV DVR to any TV
- ...all from one screen on an iPad
EXAMPLE: Using a WolfPack 8x16 HDMI Matrix Switch, 4-DirecTV Receivers, an iPad & our DVRpod System you can do the following with one finger:
- DirecTV Box 1: Touch a DirecTV channel in on the iPad to see what sports is on ESPN and touch it to TV1, TV3, TV7, TV9 and TV14
- DirecTV Box 2: Touch a DirecTV channel on the iPad to see what football games are on and touch it to TV2, TV5, TV8, TV11 and TV16
- DirecTV Box 3: Touch a DirecTV; channel on the iPad to see what baseball game is on and touch it to TV4, TV6, TV8, TV10 and TV13
- DirecTV Box 4: Touch a DirecTV on the iPad to see what soccer game is on and touch it to TV15
- ....and more
To understand see the main picture here & on the left is the info on the DirecTV™ channels (in real time) that you select & on the right is a floor plan of your facility. Now with one finger you send any DirecTV™ box to any TV in any combination. You no longer have to go back to your rack and change the channels on the DirecTV™ boxes and then run to your restaurant floor to see whether it happened or not.
Sports Bar TV Control System Features:
- Uses our WolfPack™ Modular HDMI Matrix Switchers
- Control with your own iPad or Android Tablet browser
- Switch matrix ins & out with an iPad or Android Tablet
- Change DirecTV™ channels with an iPad or Android Tablet
- The system is installed in your facility so is not reliant on the Internet or if the iPad is misplaced.
For more info and a custom quote call HDTV Supply, Inc. at 833-WOLFPACK (833-965-3722) PST.
DVRpod Sports Bar TV Control System Specs:
- Graphical user interface makes it easy for anyone to control a sophisticated system of multiple TVs, zones of audio and multiple media sources.
- Ability to reserve a TV or audio zone for a private meeting.
- Easily select from Satellite TV tuners, computer sourced media (like power point), Apple TV, Roku, Chromecast sources.
- Send one source to multiple TVs with one touch.
- See what's playing on each zone.
- Operate the system anywhere you are connected to the Internet.
- The system is ready for business with a click and with another, shuts down for the night.
- Video walls are also supported.
- Much flexibility of different TVs, audio systems etc to get the most value out of your prior technology investments.
- All your business's systems can be integrated into one view: Heating and Cooling, window blind control, security systems (including cameras), lighting (building and stage lighting), all available from anywhere you are on the Internet.
1. The installer receives the TV pallets, opens and plugs in each TV the same day (for shipping verification nothing bad).
2. The installer follows our instructions on what wire goes to what device and where it plugs in.
3. The installer gets the myServer controller on the Internet.
4. We log in and double check all settings are valid.
5. We then do a telephone walk through the system with the installer and make any connection / software changes that are necessary.
6. The installer then shows the customer it is working.
7. We provide the hardware because we build the system here and configure all settings ahead of time.
ControlHow To Get Started:
Fill out the spreadsheet (in the MANUALS TAB) completely (contact info, Facility name, graphical logo, user interface device (ie: 8th gen iPad, Samsung Android Tablet, etc), All IP addresses for DirecTV receivers, TV locations on CAD floorplan, make / model of all TVs and projectors if they are to be controlled, wiring available to those TVs (2 Cat6 cables?).
We will build the controller and mail to you so you can ship in one package.
The controller once installed must be accessible via the Internet. All devices (DirecTV, any IP TVs, myServer Controller, IR devices (if any) need to have reserved / static IP addresses, so they don't change.
DirecTV receivers (and any IP TVs) have to have external control enabled.
Once the above is all done and the devices are on the network and tested for connectivity, then we will schedule our final programming and testing. If the spreadsheet is completed and accurate - then it should all just work.
The spreadsheet completion is critical. It may look complicated, but it's all important information that is required.
Here is an example of a sports bar matrix system and how it is configured and what needs to be done.
Sports Bar 4K 8x16 HDMI Matrix Switch over CAT5 with DirecTV Control Shipping Contents:
- 1 - 18x18 Chassis with 7" Color Touch Screen
- 8 - Female HDMI Input Cards
- 16 - HDBaseT (CAT6) Output Cards with POC to 1080p to 220' & 4K to 110'
- 16 - HDBaseT (CAT6) HDMI Receivers with POC to 1080p to 220' & 4K to 110'
- 1 - Dual 7-inch 1080p Color Monitors
- 2 - HDMI Output cards for the Dual 7-inch Color Monitors
- 2 - 3-foot HDMI cables for the Dual 7-inch Color Monitors
- 1 - Appropriate size Ethernet switch for the number of DirecTV receivers you have (Shipped from Allonis)
- 1 - DirecTV Control package (Shipped from Allonis)
- 1 - Floor Plan Layout (Created by Allonis)
- NOTE: If your system configuration doesn't have 2 - free HDMI outputs then the Dual 7-inch Color Monitors & cables will not be supplied and deducted from the price
Allonis is our partner company that supplies the DirecTV Control package, and other optional products.
A tablet (iPad preferred) is not included. We just need to know specifically which tablet (make / model / generation / year) ie: Apple iPad Air 8th Gen (current model) you are using. Send a part number if you're not sure. If you haven't already, contact:
4078 Waterland Drive
Metamora, MI 48455
He will be your contact for creating their DirecTV system as well as supporting afterwards, along with us. If you want something above our offering on this product page, please get a quote directly from Allonis and pay them directly. If you need our help with anything, call 833-WOLFPACK (833-965-3722).
A: No, as many do not work. All are basic un-managed switches except the 48 which is managed. None are acceptable for Video over IP, just for our control / computer network.
Q: How do i get a custom quote?
A: Here is what we need to give you a separate quote from our quoted HDMI matrix System:
1. Send a CAD (.dwg) file of the floorplan and where all TVs will be located. Name each TV. We use this to create professional quality graphics of the layout in the control software. If CAD is not available, send a PDF or scan a well-drawn sketch of your system layout. Better quality sketches reduce quote labor hours.
2. Download and complete the spreadsheet of the system layout including sources, the distance in feet from matrix to TV, TV make and model. This will take time to complete but is essential to an accurate quote and will be reused for system programming. If you are unsure of any entries, we will call you to help decide. The spreadsheet is partially complete as an example. Be sure to delete any information that doesn't pertain to your system.
3. If a new installation we recommend LG or Sony late model TVs for picture quality, longevity, cost and ability to control via IP. If you are not going with those, please tell us which TVs you are looking at so we give you feedback on the cost and difficulty in controlling them.
Once you have done that, HDTV Supply and Allonis will contact you to discuss any additional needed information and then will give you a separate quote that supports your HDTV Supply's Wolfpack HDMI Matrix system quote.
Q: Do you have a block diagram drawing of the system with DirecTV receivers?
A: See the .ppt document in the Manuals Tab.
Q: Do you supply the ethernet switch?
A: Typically not...but we can include all pieces to make a turn key system that is preconfigured.
Q: If so, what is the brand?
A: We use midline switches like Netgear for control. Premium switches for video over IP (Cisco / Luxol).
Q: Is it POE?
A: If needed.
Q: Do you have a picture of it?
A: Once we know the specific needs, then we know what works for that need and sell / configure that. There are thousands of possibilities due to all the possible requirement needs (ports, speed, quality, POE or not, Rack or Shelf, managed or not, voltage, etc). A "Basic" DirecTV / LG or Sony TV sports bar control only package needs a basic network switch like a NetGear which can be under $300 (depends on number of ports).
Q: What is its warranty?
A: Typically, all hardware is warranted for one year from time of purchase.
Q: Is it rack mountable?
A: We have rack and shelf mounted devices.
Q: What is a typical lead time that once we send you an order for a 7-DirecTV receiver system and nothing else that you can deliver?
A: The longest time is getting all the correct info up front (spreadsheet filled out, floorplan CAD diagram). Once we have that we can program and ship in four days typically.
Q: Does the iPad need to be sent to you?
A: Note, an iPad is only one possible device. Many of your customers are becoming confused by this. We can use ANY modern browser device (android / iPad / Phones / tablets / desktops). We just need to know the exact screen resolution of the device.
Q: What size and version do you recommend for the iPad?
A: Latest eight gen iPad works fine.
Q: How many iPads can be operated throughout a facility?
A: No limit. Most sports bars use one or up to three.
Q: What is the cost for a rack mount for your controller?
A: See .ppt
Q: Do you have a picture?
A: See .ppt
Q: Can I use my Android tablet?
A: Maybe but you might also be interested in purchasing our $200 Android table that we already know has the needed and exact display resolution. The Android Tablet we can provide is a no brand name, very inexpensive tablet. Because we configure the tablet here, then we know the exact pixel resolution (that the marketing info doesn't provide in most cases). We have a command we send to the tablet that provides the resolution in real time. With that info, we design the user interface to those specs. But the tablet is all that is really needed.
We do change tablets as they go in / out of favor quickly. We just like to provide it so that's one less thing to worry about ie: tells it's a 2018 iPad when its really a 2019 and the specs changed. We just ran into this with iPad 8th gen tablets... Apple changed their software so we had to make some mods to our software so scaling still works. No biggie, but unplanned hiccup. But now that we know, we are good with anyone's 8th Gen iPad.
Q: Will it work with both a cable box & DirecTV?
A: The system can have either DirecTV or Comcast, etc. Comcast requires an annual subscription for their Guide data that comes via Internet. DirecTV does not require that service as the receivers provide that data for free. DirecTV is IP controlled which is superior to IR control of the Comcast and most cable boxes. Our control system can handle either or both at the same time.
Q: How do you activate my system?
A: The individual system has to be on the Internet for licensing once. If the system is paid for, then we can license it before shipment. Similarly, for us to remotely manage the system, it has to be online but it can then be taken offline for daily use. When we ship any system out to you it will be fully licensed before we ship it out.
Q: I have 2 - Sports Bars, do I have to buy it twice.
A: Yes, each hardware/software package is individually licensed to each matrix system.
Q: What do you need for a Floor plan view?
A: Ideally in architects .DWG or other CAD format to make it efficient to draw a good looking and accurate floor plan on Photoshop. Placement of the TVs on a marked up paper copy (scan and email the results) with the identification of each TV (typically a number)
Send us high quality Logo of the store and of your company. Send us your company info you would like to be on the user interface About screen.
Let us know what color palette is wanted our standard is a black themed background but we can customize to any color treatment.
Once we have the above, we can design the system and provide you a quote.
Q: What else do you need?
A: We would need the computer network IP addresses for all devices (DirecTV, our myServer controller, etc). If we are providing the networking hardware, we can setup the network ourselves for you. We will be connected via a cable from our controller to the HDTVSupply matrix.
Q: What TVs do you recommend?
A: All TVs are compatible using our DirecTV DVRpod system. If you want additional features, like video walls, lighting system, etc. we may recommend other TVs. Call us.
Q: Do you have quantity discounts?
A: if you are an dealer, distributor, installer or an owner of multiple sports bars and clubs, here are the discounts we offer, per year:
- Quantity 1 - 0%
- Quantity 2 through 4 - 5%
- Quantity 5 through 9 - 10%
- Quantity 10 and Up - 15%
This only applies to the $750 DVRpod hardware controller and does not apply to any custom software that we must write.
Q: I see you have free iPad and Android app, why does this cost?
A: This is a completely different control method and the free apps cannot be used as this is a dedicated system. It not only switches any input to any TV in any combination (with any tablet) it also allows changing the DirecTV channels with the same tablet. The free apps can't do that.
Q: Which DirecTV models do you recommend?
A: We aren't aware of any DTV DVRs that we have not had good luck with. But all DTV models need to have external control turned on in the DTV menu, and they need to be on the network. Any DVR we need the IP address. Any client device we need the MAC address for the unit (printed on a label on the bottom).
Q: All we want to start with is control of the DirecTV channels and control of the matrix in and outs, that's what you provide, right?
A: Yes to the DirecTV receivers. Yes to controlling the matrix...all for only $1,850 with your iPad or Android tablet. There is no yearly license fee.
Q: There is no reoccurring cost, correct?
A: Correct, no recurring cost. The price includes one year of software update availability. Our labor to install the update is at the $125/hr rate. Most of the time, no updates are needed if nothing changes in the system.
Q: Can I turn all the TVs off/on?
A: For turning the TVs on / off - that depends on the TV and if we have an IP or serial driver for it. If the TV requires Infrared, then we have the IR hardware that will also be required that is not part of the $750 base system price. You should NOT use IR if possible as it is less reliable when in place. IR is unavoidable to control cable TV boxes. LG and Sony IP controllable TVs are the most reliable for control. Samsung is a mess. Cheaper TVs typically only are controllable via IR.
Q: Can the DVRpod controller that is provided be used for anything else?
A: Yes, extremely flexible. And the myServer6 software is also extremely flexible. Easier if you have an idea of function for us to advise if that hardware / our software will today do the task, or if we can mod our software to do the task. We have done a LOT of very custom capabilities. We are a Solar system controller that will launch shortly, an RV automation controller, a jewelry kiosk merchandising system, and many other use cases.
Q: Are there rack mounts for it?
A: Yes, we have DIN rail rack mounts. Many of our dealers are interested in that as they expand the system into our audio products.
Q: Do cables come with the DVRpod controller?
A: A power supply, a USB-C power cable are included. Optional is a mini-HDMI to HDMI adapter cable. Optional is any Ethernet cables. Optional is a standard USB wireless keyboard (Logitech). But the optional pieces are not required, other than Ethernet cable to connect to the existing computer LAN (where the DTV receivers and the matrix are also connected).
Q: What is the DVRpod warranty?
A: The DVRpod controller is 12 months. Our software is updated and available during that 12 months. Labor to update is not included. Most of the time, there is no need to update.
Q: If new DVRpod firmware comes out, is it free?
A: The DVRpod controller firmware is free. The labor to install, test, configure a given firmware load is not. If the system works Day1, there is no need to update firmware Day 2 if nothing else has changed. For example, we are now using USB 3.0 as a boot drive instead of the SD Micro card. That requires a firmware update that we have spent weeks on. But the systems that are running SD Micro boot don't need to change. USB is faster and can be more reliable if the system is not on a UPS.
Q: We are only using a few functions to start with, is the firmware already there for all of the features that you offer or do they have to pay for upgraded firmware?
A: Most of the changes you would add are not firmware related but in our myServer6 application. Sometimes features are part of the one year software update. But again, the labor to update and add the new feature into an existing system is a custom hourly rate programming charge.
Q: Are upgrades sent by a new SD card?
A: No, typically the myServer6 updates are handled with our Software Updater that is built into myServer6. Requires the DVRpod controller to be on the Internet.
Q: If a user wants us to create the floor plan how does he pay for it, when it's done and he's happy or up front, or ?
A: Users will contact Allonis or us and provide a pdf or CAD file with the layout of all devices to control. Best would be for you to send that doc to us so we can advise approx. how many hours. Once we do the work for you, we expect payment. Each system has TeamViewer on it. We would need the active Teamviewer ID for the myServer6 controller. With that, we can upload the floor plan and make any contracted programming changes or updates for the order.
Q: Have you ever had any issues with an Apple or Android tablet firmware upgrade impacting your system?
A: No. We use the Apple Safari or the Android Google Chrome browser. No software needs to be installed on the tablet specific to myServer6. That's one of the real keys to the system. I see you give tablets to customers....that should be completely usable as is. If the device is significantly different size or LXW ratio, then a new user interface would be created (like for a Phone device) that optimizes the user experience for that device. We don't just "squash" or "stretch" the one user interface which is a not so good user experience like what many systems do.
Q: What minimum size tablet do you recommend a new user to purchase?
A: Any current model tablet or phone should work fine but the bigger the better.
HDTV Supply's WolfPack Family of Matrix Switchers can be created however you wish. Just SCROLL DOWN and fill out the below and press SUBMIT and we will send you a quotation based upon your needs within an hour.
If it doesn't meet your needs just call us right now at 833-WOLFPACK or 833-965-3722 or email us at email@example.com