This HDMI to Composite / S-Video Converter
is designed to convert a digital signal from an un-encrypted HDMI (or DVI + Coaxial) source to an analog signal of NTSC or PAL system, with L/R stereo audio. It also has an HDMI Pass-through.Note: This HDMI to Composite / S-Video Converter is NOT-HDCP compatible and will not work with HDCP Devices such as Cable/Sat Boxes, DVD players, AppleTVs, etc!
HDMI to Composite / S-Video Converter Applications:
- Record from an "un-encrypted" video conferencing unit to a AV video recording unit.
- Output "un-encrypted" Karaoke HDMI video and audio to a TV with only Composite / S-Video inputs
- Record a camcorder with "un-encrypted" HDMI outputs to a DVR
- Use it with a PC or laptop with "un-encrypted" HDMI outputs to output to a TV with only Composite / S-Video inputs
- Attach a video conferencing unit with "un-encrypted" HDMI outputs to a DVR or TV with Composite / S-Video inputs
- Since the converter has an HDMI pass-through you can simultaneously watch an high definition picture while down-converting
- Watch any "un-encrypted" HDMI signal while downscaling to analog for recording to a DVD disc or send the Composite / S-Video signal to a standard definition TV
Besides S-Video and a yellow Composite (NOT COMPONENT!) Video outputs, it also provides one bypass HDMI output to deliver the original HDMI signal, and a Coaxial output to send S/PDIF digital audio to your audio amplifier.
HDMI to Composite or S-Video Converter Features:
- HDMI 1.2, HDCP 1.1 and DVI 1.0 compliant
- Converts video signal from HDMI source to NTSC or PAL signal selectable
- Converts digital audio from HDMI or Coaxial source to analog stereo audio
- Accepts HDTV input of wide resolutions, from 480p to 1080p@60Hz (except 1080p@24Hz) and PC from VGA@60Hz to UXGA@60Hz
- Can accept a PC's XGA (1024X768) DVI-I signal on its input and can output a NTSC/PAL signal.
- Selectable NTSC or PAL format
- Supports resolutions from 480p to 1080p @50/60 Htz
- Converts Breakout Audio from HDMI or Coaxial source to analogue stereo
- HDMI Bypass
- Supports single link DVI-D with a DVI to HDMI cable or adapter.
When used with a DVI to HDMI adapter
this HDMI to s-video converter will adapt a DVI signal to either a composite or s-video signal.
Note: If using DVI, this converter will only output a DVI-D (DVI digital) signal. If your using a DVI-I cable, it will ONLY pass the digital signal. Using a DVI-I to VGA adapter off of any output will not pass an analog signal. A DVI-D to VGA converter is required to convert to an analog signal!NOTE:
This unit cannot be used in reverse and convert Composite or S-Video to HDMI signals.TIP:
When the HDMI input source is not displaying full screen (i.e. letter box/pillbox image) then the output display end may come out with wrong size or position images. Hence, input source must set on full screen first before powering on the converter and set the input source to Y-Cb-Cr by entering into the menu and set the HDMI color space on Y-Cb-Cr will resolve the problem.
This HDMI to Composite or S-Video Converter convert digital signals from HDMI (or DVI + Coaxial) to analog: S-Video or Composite with Left & Right Stereo audio in either NTSC or PAL. This HDMI converter does NOT convert from its coax S/PDIF audio input into stereo channels. The coax S/PDIF input will be passed directly through its S/PDIF coax out.
Along with a featured HDMI / DVI loop-out, this converter has the ability to support resolutions of up to 1080p for HDTVs and up to UXGA (1600x1200@60Hz) with PC or Mac Computers. In addition, this unit is able to automatically detect and down convert resolutions to those of PAL or NTSC formats.
Why not buy this HDMI to Composite Converter today?