If you are in the need for a multi-zone audio system but you have a tight budget don't look any further. For the money and even twice its price it's still a great value. It is a superb 6 Zone Audio Matrix that can be used on Clubs, Sports Bars and Restaurants. The WolfPack 6 Zone Audio Matrix
is a true matrix audio system delivers an extensive list of features for professional and residential whole house audio installations. Play music in up to 18 zones from a CD, DVD, satellite or cable box, PC, or personal audio devices using an analog or Toslink input.
This 6 Zone Audio Matrix with 6 - 50W Amps
sends audio to up to 6 stereo speaker zones. The 6x6 stereo audio matrix has six R/L stereo audio inputs and six R/L outputs can be independently directed to any of the output channels using the included remote control or the keypad controllers installed at each zone. It is a more than an amp as you need to provide program sources. It is a matrix amp which means you can assign any input to any output.It is a 6x6 matrix amp/controller. You can select any input to any output zone. This unit has one global input and 6 individual stereo inputs for each of the 6 zones. You can select the global in or the direct in. There are 6 inputs, which can each play to their own output simultaneously. Additionally, using the keypads, you can customize which speaker zones carry which input, so any of the inputs can be playing to any number of speaker zones at the same time.
The six inputs are right and left 2-channel stereo with four line level inputs using RCA female jacks, one input on a 3.5mm TRS jack and a Toslink digital optical input. A separate PA input allows you to override selected audio material and broadcast a single audio source to each of the 6-connected zones. A mute input allows you to mute each output channel using a single source trigger. Each output channel also features RCA line-level output jacks, allowing you to use a separate, more powerful amplifier in any output zone or to send the audio to a self-amplified component, such as a television display.
You can hook up an Echo dot up as, say, source 2 and for that one room you can send and hear audio by voice command via Alexa.
6 Zone Audio Matrix w/6 - 50W Amps Features:
- Six source inputs, six zone outputs; expandable to 18 zones
- System controlled by IR remote, keypad, or automation system via RS232 interface
- Class D amplifier produces 25 watts per channel at 8 ohms x 12 channels
- Bridgeable outputs provide 100 watts per channel, up to six channels total
- Built-in IR repeater for control of source inputs from any zone; compatible with 12V IR components
- Pre-amp outputs enable zone expansion and linking of more powerful amplifiers
- 12V trigger outputs can activate a connected amplifier or other system device
- 6 - Stereo RMS Power (8 ohms): 25 watts/channel
- 6 - Stereo RMS Power (4 ohms): 50 watts/channel
- 6 - Bridged (mono) RMS Power (8 ohms): 100 watts
- S/N Ratio: >85dB A Weighted
- THD: <0.1%
- Frequency Response: 20Hz ~ 20KHz
- Input Impedance: >47 K ohms
- Input Sensitivity: 250mv
- Amplifier Protection: Overload, Short Circuit and Thermal
- RS232 control
- Systems ON Trigger Voltage: DC + 12V
- External Mute Trigger Voltage: DC + 12V
- Infrared Frequency: 38KHz
- Input Connectors: 3.5mm stereo, RCA, Toslink
- Output Connectors: Euroblock terminal, 3.5mm mono
- Power Supply (switchable): AC115V/60Hz, 230V/50Hz
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 16.9" x 3.5" x 16.4" (430 x 89 x 416 mm)
- Weight: 24.3 lbs (11.0 Kg)
Each of the 6-outputs have an amplifier that is capable of delivering 50 watts/channel into a 4-ohm load and 25 watts/channel into an 8-ohm load as well as each amplifier can be individually bridged to produce 100 watts into an 8-ohm load. The amp uses Euroblock connectors for the speaker level outputs, which takes less space than push-grip connector terminals. The Euroblock connectors can accept speaker wire up to 12AWG and can be removed from the amplifier for easier installation.
Each of the six zones are independently controlled at the zone using a supplied wallplate keypad with lighted, soft-touch buttons. The keypads connect to the main unit using a CAT5e or CAT6 cable. Each keypad features an infrared "eye", which can propagate single-band IR remote control signals to individual IR transmitters connected to the master controller. This allows you to control the source devices from each zone using their native remote controls.
The controller features 12 volt trigger outputs for each distribution zone, plus a master trigger for the entire system. This allows you to activate automated devices, such as lowering a projection screen or dimming the lights whenever the system as a whole, or an individual zone, is activated.
Up to three master controllers can be connected together to provide a massive 6x18 matrix, with audio source and control information passed between master controllers using the included 18-pin ribbon cable. The master controller can accept 115V and 230V inputs. The voltage selector switch is covered to prevent it from being accidentally changed. The master controller features an RS232 serial input, which lets you program a computer for automated control. A complete list of RS232 commands and codes, including status reporting commands, is included in the manual. The package includes a 19" rack mount kit.