There never will be a product that converts DVI to a 15 pin VGA signal...read on:
There is no way to convert a digital DVI signal to an analog RGB-HV or 15 pin VGA signal!
We're asked dozens of times per month how to connect an upconverting DVD player, cable or satellite box with DVI outputs to an older HDTV that only has VGA inputs. It can't be done due to legal reasons. DVI cannot be converted to VGA (or any other analog signal) as the inherent HDCP encryption signal would have to be stripped out and that is illegal.
HDCP (High-Bandwidth Digital Content Protection) was created by Intel and is inherent within HDTV signals over DVI and HDMI connections, and on D-Theater D-VHS recordings, to prevent unauthorized duplication of copyright protected material.
The HDMI Group who invented the HDMI technology prohibits any company that incorporates HDMI within their units to make such a device due to the HDCP copy protection signal that is inherent in a DVI or HDMI signal would have to be eliminated. If you copy a digital signal it is as good as the original so copies would look the same...and they could be sold as the real thing!
DVI to VGA FACTS:
1. HDMI and DVI are a digital pulse signal and VGA video is an analog wave signal so they are incompatible.
2. DVI has an HDCP copy protection signal within it and VGA does not, so it is not compatible.
3. A DVI cable has 19+ wires in it whereas a VGA cable has only 15 wires + their grounds.
4. An DVI cable has a +5 volt and ground signal in it and VGA does not.
6. A VGA signal syncs on a certain wire whereas an HDMI has dedicated wires for it, see them at 1080p HDMI Cables.
WHAT CAN I DO THEN TO USE MY DEVICES THAT HAVE A DVI OUT WITH MY OLDER HDTV THAT HAS ONLY A VGA INPUT?
1. Buy a new HDTV with DVI inputs.
2. Stick with component video and use better component video cables like our 1080p component video cables.
3. Improve your picture by calibrating your HDTV with our Digital Video Essentials Tune-up Calibration DVD.
4. If you need to convert S-Video and composite standard definition devices to HDMI we have them!
Scroll Left & Right To See 20 Of Your Recently Viewed Items Below