This Coax or Optical to RCA Audio Converter
takes the optical output from your flatscreen & converts it to stereo audio to use on older AV receivers, some Bose systems or stereo headphones. It supports a COAX input also along with the optical input. See the above front and back pictures.
This product does not support encoded Dolby Digital audio. Verify you can turn off Dolby Digital in the source you will be connecting to this converter. For a Dolby Digital version of this product see our other products in this section. If you need to convert DOLBY DIGITAL AUDIO (see your TV or device manual) see the below paragraph in RED
or the above "Similar" products or "Dolby Digital" Optical to Stereo Converter
Digital Audio to Stereo Audio Features:
- Converts a non-DOLBY DIGITAL digital audio S/PDIF or optical signals to analog L/R signals
- Convert a flat screens optical output to R/L stereo to go into your older AV receiver or BOSE system
- Convert a flat screens optical output to R/L stereo to go your analog right and left headphones
- Convert Optical Audio to RCA L&R stereo audio
- Integrated digital interpolator filter and digital-to-analog convert (DAC)
- Accepts uncompressed digital audio input
- 2-channel LPCM (Linear Pulse Code Modulation)
- 24-bit S/PDIF incoming bitstream on left and right channels
- Compact and easy to install
- International power supply: 2 prong 100-240V at 50/60Hz AC adapter
The Digital To Analog Audio converter
box takes your coaxial/optical (S/PDIF or TOSLink) digital audio source and converts it to standard analog left/right audio, available for connection to an external device such as an amplifier or recording deck via standard RCA-style jacks.NOTE: This device supports an input format of LPCM or 2CH (check your TV manual for the optical output specs) so if the optical output of your device is Dolby Digital you will need this Dolby Digital Audio to Stereo Converter. Check your TV manual to see what it outputs or call the mfr. This Digital Audio to Stereo Audio Converter cannot be used in reverse.How this optical audio to stereo works:
Simply run a short extension cable from an available digital audio output jack on your digital source device to the same type of digital input on the Converter. When connected to the Toslink and Coaxial cables at the same time, the product will give priority to Toslink input. Insert which kind of digital signal (coaxial or optical) is being input on the converter, then hook up your analog RCA-style left and right cables to the Converter's analog RCA jack outputs and power up all equipment. That's all there is to it!TIP:
All optical cables come with a protective cap on each end of the
cable to prevent damage to the small optical pin. THE CAP MUST BE REMOVED BEFORE YOU USE IT AS INSERTING THE CABLE WITH THE CAP ON WILL DAMAGE THIS DEVICE AND VOID YOUR WARRANTY. TAKE THE CAP OFF!
Why not buy this Digital Audio to Stereo Audio converter today?