This HDMI 1.3c Rated HDMI over CAT5/6 Extender Set
supports a full 1080p HDMI audio and video signal at >100 feet. The HDMI to CAT5 / CAT6 system consists of a transmitter unit and a receiver unit. At the source end, the high-speed transmitter transcodes HDMI signals over two CAT5 cables. At the display end, the externally powered receiver unit transcodes signals back to HDMI.
HDMI over CAT-5 or CAT-6 Extender Features:
- HDMI 1.3c Rated
- All HDMI 1.3 compliant devices as well as with older 1.0, 1.1, 1.2 and 1.3 versions
- ROHS compliant
- Supports both HDMI audio and HDMI video
- EDID learning
- Deep color support up to 12 bits
- 8 settings of skew equalizer
- 720p, 1080i, 1080p @ 60Hz for up to 130 feet
- 720p, 1080i @ 60Hz for up to 200 feet
- Supports 1080p/24 as well as the new HDTV's that have the 1080p/120/200 and higher options to support 24 FPS
- Video Bandwidth: 2.25 Ghz
- Connectors: Standard HDMI 19 pin, RJ45 (CAT5E)
- HDCP / DDC Compliant
- Deep Color Support to 12bit
- Power Supply: 5v 1A DC on receiver unit
- Compliance: HDMI 1.3c and RoHS
- Includes transmitter & receiver and 1 - power adapter.
- Recommended Cables: CAT5E or CAT6.
- HDMI cables are included with the non-IR unit and must be ordered with IR unit.
- One year warranty
This HDMI over CAT5 extender uses the latest Silicon Image HDMI v1.3 EDID chipset which increases the compatibility with more HDMI devices. Many PC's, laptops and surround receivers have major problems outputting to devices other than short HDMI cables and this HDMI over CAT5 extender should solve those problems.
The HDMI to CAT-5 or CAT-6 adapter set comes with one transmitter, one receiver, and one AC adapter that is used with the receiver. The device requires 2-CAT5 or CAT6 cables, one for audio / video and one for the HDCP copy protection signal. If HDCP is not transmitted then only one CAT5 or CAT6 cable is needed. HDMI cables are included with the non-IR unit and must be ordered with IR unit.
This HDMI to CAT5 / CAT6 Extender supports a 2.25 GHz bandwidth, and provides 8 levels of skew compensation adjustments for variations in CAT5 or CAT6 cables. The receiver comes with an AC power adapter to provide low voltage power for the device. The sender does not need an AC adapter.NOTE 2:
2 - CAT5 cables must be used with this HDMI to CAT5 converter as the 19 HDMI wires are converted to the 2 - CAT5 cables.NOTE 3:
We recommend strongly that you use good CAT5 / 6 cables with any CAT5 / 6 converting products like this one. Most of our "no picture" support calls are due to poor quality and cheap CAT5 cables. Since it is high definition video we only recommend CAT5/6 cables with specs like our CAT-5 /6 cables either bought from us or another high quality supplier.
Compared to regular copper HDMI cable using a booster or repeater, or a fiber cable solution, it is great cost effective way to wire HDMI long distances. Two CAT5 or CAT6 cables are easy to install and terminate in the field to fit exact length requirements. Both the below PVC and Plenum grade CAT5 are low in cost to fit most budgets.
For the best results will be achieved we recommend using Solid CAT5 or CAT6 cable terminated in T-568B. The wires will be in the following order when looking at the CAT5 connector with the tab end DOWN. White/Orange, Orange, White/Green, Blue, White/Blue, Green, White/Brown, Brown.
Why not buy this HDMI over CAT-5 or CAT-6 Extender today?