HDMI to CAT5 Extenders
These CAT5/6 HDMI Extenders extend an HDMI signal hundreds of feet.
SCROLL DOWN to see our HDMI to CAT5 extenders that are equipped with HDMI and RJ45 (CAT5) connectors & are capable of converting & extending an HDMI video & audio signal 100's of feet. An extender includes two parts. The send unit attaches to the HD source, such as a DVD player. A receive unit attaches to the display, such as an HDTV. CAT-5/6 cables connect the two units upwards of 500 feet between each other.
Many also feature 3DTV, deep color, lip sync and audio delay w/both the IR back-channel and RS-232 connection can be used to control the display from the remote location. The below are only a few decisions to make when you buy an HDMI to CAT5 extender and we have products to fit all of your needs.
How To Choose an HDMI to CAT5 Extender:
- Measure the CAT5/6/7 cable lengths from your source device to the widescreen
- Look at your system layout and see if you need separate digital audio outputs
- Choose if you need 3D along with 2D capability
- Make a decision of whether you need support for a 4K Ultra HD resolution TV
- Decide whether you need ARC (Audio Return Control) or not
- Determine the number of HDMI inputs you need now and in the future
- Think about your installation on whether you need wall plates or not
- Understand how you want to control your devices from afar using Remote IR or an RF remote control
- See whether you want to set the displays EDID in the HDMI to CAT5 set or let the HDMI to CAT5 extender pass it through (used in problem installs)
- Decide whether you want an optional 3 or 5 year extended warranty