HDTV has them first...a four-input & two-output HDMI Switch Splitter w/HDMI 1.4, EDID, CEC, HEC & ARC ratings
. The 4X2 HDMI Switch Splitter simultaneous displays one HDMI source to 2 TVs. It routes "one" of 4 inputs, up to 1080p, to both outputs. Both outputs show the SAME picture. It is NOT a matrix switcher, nor a 4x2 switcher but a 4x2 switch / splitter.ARC compliant:
This 4X2 HDMI Switch Splitter supports the Digital Audio Return Channel (ARC) from any ARC equipped display.
4X2 HDMI Switch Splitter Features:
- HDMI 1.4 rated which includes all of the HDMI 1.4 specs
- ARC enabled HDMI Output
- 2D and 3D rated
- Supports 4 HDMI inputs and 2-outputs. The two outputs show what one of the four inputs that is selected and show the same picture.
- HDCP 1.4 and CEC1.4 compliant
- HDMI 1.4 with the Audio Return Channel (ARC), 3D, CEC1.4 and an HDMI Ethernet Channel (HEC)
- Supports an HDCP repeater
- RS232 control
- Deep Color supports 36/30/24-bit, 1080p@60Hz
- Audio supports all HDMI 1.4 compatible audio interfaces including:
- Dedicated, flexible audio input/output port
- Dolby TrueHD
- DTS-HD Master Audio
- Full audio input and output support
The 2 - coax digital audio outputs on this 4X2 HDMI Switch Splitter support 5.1, 7.1, and stereo. They have two functions: one is to output audio from the input. The other is to output audio from the TV, a function called ARC (Audio Return Channel), another feature of this HDMI 1.4 rated 4X2 HDMI Switch Splitter. Your TV MUST support ARC to use this feature.NOTE:
The 2 - RJ45 connectors are to connect to the Ethernet for networking. It is an HDMI 1.4 feature called HEC (HDMI Ethernet Channel). With this feature, the TV can be connected to the internet through an HDMI cable. Your TV MUST support HEC to use this feature. The RS-232 is to connect the 4X2 HDMI Switch Splitter with a PC or control system with a D-Sub 9pin cable (not supplied) for RS-232 control. For details of the RS-232 commands please refer to section 9 in the below manual.
This HDMI 1.4 rated 4X2 HDMI Switch Splitter supports an HDCP repeater function and all standard 2D and 3D TV formats in addition to all HDTV formats up to 1080p 12-bit Deep Color. Furthermore, the remote control allows you to easily control the selection of your desired source and also makes the device more user friendly.NOTE: This HDMI switcher / splitter is not a matrix device. If you need a HDMI matrix switcher see our
HDMI matrix switchers.
Why not buy this HDMI 1.4 rated 4X2 HDMI Switch Splitter today?
CompatibilityNOTE: This HDMI switcher / splitter is not a matrix device. If you need a HDMI matrix switcher see our
HDMI matrix switchers.
This 4X2 HDMI Switch Splitter is compatible with:
- Any high definition Dish Network and DirecTV receiver with HDMI outputs
- High definition TiVo's with HDMI outputs
- Any high definition cable receiver with HDMI outputs
- Canadian Rogers, Shaw, Bell ExpressVu and Star Choice receivers with HDMI out, or DVI out with a converter
- Any "Over The Air" (OTA) high definition receiver with HDMI outputs
- Sony PS3, HD DVD and Blu-ray DVD players
- Any Xbox360 with HDMI outputs
- Any upconverting DVD player with HDMI outputs
- Any DVHS VCR with HDMI outputs
- An APPLE TV with HDMI outputs
- A VuDu with HDMI outputs
- Any PC video card and camcorder with HDMI outputs
- Any high definition camcorder with an optional type C to standard HDMI cable
- Many A/V surround sound receivers with HDMI switching that include the proper chip set. Call your AV receiver supplier to discuss your application or us.
- Any HDCP compliant HDTV, monitor and projector. If the source is HDCP compliant and your TV is not, you will not get a picture. Please check your TV manual or the manufacturers web site.
- and other similar devices.
My switch isn't displaying 3D, what do I do?
The switch does support a 3D signal and works fine with all Sony/Samsung/Panasonic 3D TV's. Is the EDID switch on "TV" or "STD"? If the EDID of the switch is "STD", the source will not send a 3D signal. If the EDID of the switch is set to "TV" & Output1 is a 2D TV, there might be no 3D signal on TVs.
HDTV Supply is a leader in supplying 3D equipment for this new, fast growing 3DTV market. Our test lab includes the latest equipment for designing, testing and supporting 3D video equipment. The chips sets we use support the below 3D formats and work with many of our HDMI 1.3 and HDMI 1.4 compliant devices. This 4X2 HDMI Switch Splitter supports these 3D formats:
- Side-by-Side 3D Format
- Top-and-Bottom 3D Format
- Blu-ray 3D Format
- Frame packing
- and more
We not only test this 4X2 HDMI Switch Splitterwith lab equipment we also test many of our 3D devices with 3D products you are likely to use:
- Sony PS3 with the 3D 3.41 firmware
- Samsung model PN50C7000YF 3DTV
- Samsung model BD-C6900 3D Blu-ray player FORCED to 1080p
- Samsung model SSG-P2100T 3D glasses
- DirecTV models HR21-100 and the HR24 high definition receiver.
- HDTV Supply's true HDMI 1.4 cables
- It works with all HDMI devices including the new 3D units.
The 3D viewing results were awesome in our lab and did not have any picture or audio degradation. The normal and standard (2D) results equally exhibited a superb picture quality.
Q/AQ: Your product has CEC, what is CEC?
This 4X2 HDMI Switch Splitter features CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) allowing your HDTV's remote to manage up to ten devices that are connected via HDMI (such as Blu-ray Disc players or home theater receivers) with no special programming needed. For example, you can use your remote to turn on your TV, your player, and your receiver at the same time, and adjust the system volume with one button. All devices must support CEC, though.
Most major TV manufacturers now support CEC, and an HDTV with HDMI 1.3 will likely have the technology. Manufacturers call it by different names; LG Electronics, for instance, calls its implementation SimpleLink, whereas Toshiba calls its version CE-Link. Interoperability isn't mandatory, so some manufacturers limit control to their own products; Sony, for one, allows only Sony-to-Sony communication.Q: What is ARC?
The (ARC) Audio Return Channel in HDMI 1.4 enables a TV, via a single HDMI cable, to send audio data "upstream" to an A/V receiver or surround audio controller, increasing user flexibility and eliminating the need for any separate S/PDIF audio connection.
TVs have always been able to receive multi-channel audio through an HDMI connection, and this is still a typical use-case, with the TV positioned "downstream"
from content sources and any connected audio equipment. However, if a user had a TV with a built-in tuner or DVD player, and wanted to send content "upstream" from the TV back to the audio system, a separate connection had to be installed, typically an S/PDIF cable.
Warranty HDTV Supply
includes a 1 Year Limited Warranty on this 4X2 HDMI Switch Splitter. The warranty states that (a) its products will perform substantially in accordance with the accompanying written materials for a period of 1 year from the date of receipt and (b) that the Product will be free from defects in materials & workmanship under normal use & service for a period of 1 year. In order to get a warranty replacement for a defective item, HDTV Supplys Support Team will verify the product is eligible for warranty. An RMA number will then be issued. Shipped replacements will be in like new conditions, tested and all components included.HDTV Supply
also sells a 3 and 5 Year Extended Warranty for this 4X2 HDMI Switch Splitter. Please go to Extended Warranties
or see the above Options to purchase it.