This 4K HDBaseT Balun
sends HDMI audio & 1080p video up to 200 Feet with only one CAT5/6 cable & includes a Transmitter & Receiver. The built-in IR extender function on the HDMI to CAT5/6 HDBaseT Adapter allows IR remote control of Source devices from a remote viewing location by sending IR commands received in the vicinity of the Display back to the source devices. It includes 1-Transmitter, 1-Receiver, 2-AC adapters and 1-Infra-Red cable for the transmitter as the receiver has a built-in IR window.
For optimal video performance use our WolfPack HDMI 2.0b and HDCP 2.2 cables
with this product.
HDBaseT Balun Features:
- Extends HDMI 220 feet over single cat5e, Cat6 or CAT6a cable
- 4K, 2D and 3D compliant
- Metal casing
- It supports 4K by 2K resolutions for Post Productions, Digital Movie Theaters, CAD/CAM and Video Graphics applications.
- Supports all HDMI 1.4 formats
- Does not support HDMI 1.4 back Ethernet
- Uses HDBaseT Lite Technology to 70M
- Manage both source device and display remotely
- 340 MHz bandwidth and extends up to ~220 feet
- Full IR bandwidth capability up to 80 KHz
- Deep Color Video with EDID pass-thru capability
- DTS-HD & Dolby TrueHD multi-channel digital audio
- Includes 1-Transmitter, 1-Receiver, 2-AC adapters and 1-Infra-Red cable for the transmitter as the receiver has a built-in IR window.
HDBaseT delivers full HD / 3D and 2K / 4K uncompressed video to a network of devices or to a single device (point-to-point ). Since the video is passed through the HDMI chipset, HDBaseT supports all key HDMI 1.4 features, including EPG, CEC, EDID, and HDCP. The unique video-coding scheme ensures the highest video quality at zero latency.
Why not buy this HDBaseT Balun today?
HDTV Supply is a leader in supplying 3D equipment for this new, fast growing 3DTV market. Our test lab includes the latest equipment for designing, testing and supporting 3D video equipment. The chips sets we use support the below 3D formats and work with many of our HDMI 1.3 and HDMI 1.4 compliant devices. This HDBaseT Balun supports these 3D formats:
- Side-by-Side 3D Format
- Top-and-Bottom 3D Format
- Blu-ray 3D Format
- Frame packing
- and more
We not only test this HDBaseT Balun with lab equipment we also test many of our 3D devices with 3D products you are likely to use. The products used for the test are:
- Sony PS3 with the 3D 3.41 firmware
- Samsung model PN50C7000YF 3DTV
- Samsung model BD-C6900 3D Blu-ray player FORCED to 1080p
- Samsung model SSG-P2100T 3D glasses
- DirecTV models HR21-100 and the HR24 high definition receiver.
- HDTV Supply's true HDMI 1.4 cables
- It works with all HDMI devices including the new 3D units.
The 3D viewing results were awesome in our lab and did not have any picture or audio degradation. The normal and standard (2D) results equally exhibited a superb picture quality.
Q/AQ: Can I use this HDMI extender to patch through a patch panel & wall plates to connect to a remote TV?
No. The Cat5e/6 connection between the HDMI Transmitter and Receiver has to be a single, home run, point-to-point patch cable with CAT6 solid being the best cable for new installations. CAT5e will also work well. Patching through patch panels, couplers, wall jacks and poor conductor patch cables create multiple points of signal attenuation (loss), causing the HDMI signal to degrade to the point where the Receiver may not recognize it.Q: What do the lights mean on this HDMI extender?
See the below:
Q: I need to send my PC 100 feet and don't know what to buy, can you help me?
- POWER: Indicates that power is available to the unit.
- MODE: When blinking indicates the device is active.
- LINK: When ON indicates that an HDBaseT link connection has been established between the two units over the CAT5e cable.
- HDCP: When ON, indicates that video content with HDCP protection is being transferred. When BLINKING, indicates video content without HDCP. When OFF indicates that no video is being transferred.
Sure, see our HDMI over CAT5e/6 comparison spreadsheet
for a complete set of specs of the more popular ones people buy.Q: Does it work with 4k?
Yes, we have tested it with an upscaling 4K DVD player and a new Vizio 4k TV and it upscaled the picture to 4K. It works with the Xbox One and cable boxes also.Q: Will the Remote IR work with all remote controls?
The IR repeater works well with 26 KHz single band remotes but may not work with multi-band remotes used on a few satellite boxes. Look for 2 emitters on the nose of the remote. If you are pre-wiring make sure to run a 3rd cat5 cable so you can add an IR system that can handle multi-band remotes. If you have multi-band remotes you might want to upgrade your remotes to UHF, which goes through walls. This will bypass the IR system completely on the extender or change to a universal remote control to handle all your devices.Q: Does the remote IR work with a HDMI matrix switch or HDMI splitter?
These HDMI extenders will send both HDMI video and audio from a matrix or splitter, etc but the remote IR is designed to be used with only one source, like a cable box, to one widescreen. There would be too many IR cables to attach on the sources IR window. See our HDMI switchers and splitters that have it integrated.Q: How does the remote IR work?
The package includes 1-Infra-Red cable for the transmitter as the receiver has a built-in IR window (See the above MORE PICTURES Tab). That window must so positioned to see the remote control in the far away room. The HDBaseT transmitter has a 3.5mm jack to plug the IR cable into and then the other end of the cable is placed in front of the IR window of the device you want to control. You can secure it there with a piece of tape.Q: Does it include both a transmitter and a receiver?
Yes and 2 - AC adapters for them.Q: This HDBaseT Balun supports CEC, what is CEC?
This product features CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) allowing your HDTV's remote to manage up to ten devices that are connected via HDMI (such as Blu-ray Disc players or home theater receivers) with no special programming needed. For example, you can use your remote to turn on your TV, your player, and your receiver at the same time, and adjust the system volume with one button. All devices must support CEC, though. Most major TV manufacturers now support CEC, and an HDTV with HDMI 1.3 will likely have the technology. Manufacturers call it by different names; LG Electronics, for instance, calls its implementation SimpleLink, whereas Toshiba calls its version CE-Link. Interoperability isn't mandatory, so some manufacturers limit control to their own products; Sony, for one, allows only Sony-to-Sony communication.Q: How is HDBaseT technology different than others?
Unlike other HD distribution technologies, HDBaseT is the only technology which enables CAT5/6/7 connectivity from 70 meters to 100 meters, depending upon the specific product, for uncompressed full HD multimedia content and up to 100 watts of charging power via a single cable. HDBaseT is optimized for video applications and can connect all HDBaseT enabled home entertainment devices. Also, HDBaseT technology has the capacity to deliver double the resolution available today to future 2K and 4K formats. Other existing solutions also require a specific cable and/or a new proprietary connector while HDBaseT utilizes the existing Ethernet infrastructure.HDMI HDbaseT Extender Helpful Tips & Recommendations:
- Keep cables away from any equipment with an electromagnetic wave, e.g., mobile phone, microwave, radio equipment, fluorescent lamp, high voltage power lines, etc.
- CAT5/6 cables should not exceed 220 feet or (70m).
- Please adhere to the TIA/EIA568B standards when terminating network cables in the field.
- Shielded CAT5/6 with metal RJ-45 connectors are recommended to safeguard against random video flashes caused by electromagnetic interference (EMI).
Warranty HDTV Supply
includes a 1 Year Limited U.S. Warranty on this HDBaseT Balun. The U.S. warranty states that (a) its products will perform substantially in accordance with the accompanying written materials for a period of 1 year from the date of receipt and (b) that the HDBaseT Balun will be free from defects in materials & workmanship under normal use & service for a period of 1 year. In order to get a warranty replacement for a defective item, HDTV Supplys Support Team will verify the product is eligible for warranty. An RMA number will then be issued. Shipped replacements will be in like new conditions, tested and all components included. A 30-day RETURN also comes with this warranty as well as Free Lifetime Tech Support.HDTV Supply
also sells a 3 and 5 Year Extended U.S. Warranty for this HDBaseT Balun. Please go to Extended Warranties
or see the above Options to purchase it.