This 4X8 Matrix Switch over CAT-5
may be the most innovative HDMI matrix switch in the world as it has 4 - HDMI matrix inputs, 4 - HDMI outputs and 4 - CAT-5 Outputs giving you 8 - outputs to 8 - widescreens. Because it is a matrix switcher, it allows any input to be routed to any output; or the same input to be routed to all outputs, or any combination. Each single CAT5 output is mirrored with its HDMI output and is the same so there are 4 distinct outputs all mirrored. Each HDMI & RJ45 zone is mirrored for a total of 8 outputs. Think of it as a 4x4x2 HDMI matrix having 256 HDMI combinations.
NOTE: This product has been discontinued. See the above SIMILAR Tab for equivalent products or, if not there, call us at 833-WOLFPACK (833-965-3722) right now to discuss your needs.
The 4X8 HDMI Matrix Switch Over CAT5 with PoC provides the most flexible and cost effective solution in the market to route high definition video sources plus multi-channel (up to 7.1-channel) digital audio from any of the eight HDMI sources to the remote displays at the same time. Through only one low cost CAT5/5e/6 LAN cables, not only high quality video and audio can be transmitted to the display sites, but also users can switch among four HDMI sources using the push button or its remote control. Furthermore, the built-in IR extension function makes users at display site access to a DVD player, PS3 or any HDMI supported devices directly! In addition, the 4X8 Matrix Switch over CAT5 also supports PoC (Power over Cable) which can power both units from the transmitter with a power supply.
4X8 HDMI Matrix Switch Over CAT5 Features:
- Inputs: 4-HDMI
- Outputs: 4-HDMI
- Outputs: 4 single UTP outputs. Each zone is mirrored for a total of 8 outputs.
- Supports both HDMI audio and HDMI video
- Extend the transmission up to 200 feet from the HDMI source at Full HD 1080p 48-bit
- Support HDMI Deep Color & full 3D (HDBaseT Technology)
- Support PoC(Power over Cable) which can power both units from TX side with power supply
- HDCP compliant
- Bi-directional IR pass-though
- Allows controlling local HDMI sources or display through control path
- Allows to control main matrix center through control line at remote receiver
- Pure unaltered uncompressed 7.1ch digital HDMI over Cat.5/5e/6 cable transmission
- Allows any source to be displayed on multiple displays at the same time
- Allows any HDMI display to view any HDMI source at any time
- Supports 7.1 channel digital audio
- Supports default HDMI EDID and learns the EDID of displays
- The matrix master can switch every output channels from any HDMI inputs by Push button, IR remote control, RS-232 and IP control, web-interface control
- Easy installation with rack-mounting
- Fast response time –2~4 seconds for channel switch
- IR emitters (Carrier frequency: 30-56kHz) to control the sources with the IR control is the routing type
- Multi control methods: Manual, IR on front panel, IR on rear extension, LAN, and RS232
- Supports 1080p TV's at 24/30/60/100/200 Hz and up as well as Blu-rays at 24 FPS
- 19" standard mounting enclosure, 1U size
- It supports HDMI signal single UTP cable transmission.
- User Adjustable EDID self studying function.
- RS-232 for computer control
- One year parts and labor warranty.
The 4X4 HDMI over CAT Matrix Switcher is fully HDMI V1.3b supported and has an EDID learning function to increase its capability of compatible.NOTE 1:
TCP/IP LAN control is also offered as an option for professional system integrators. The RS232 control allows the switcher to be controlled by 3rd party control systems like Crestron, AMX and Control4, or any computerized software/hardware control systems.
An User Adjustable EDID learning function is added to increase its capability of compatible. While using UTP type cable to connect the TV, the user can optionally remote control the matrix itself or the source from the sink side via an optional IR receiver.
The function of the IR control is also based on the routing function. So that the user can configure the system much easier than using simple point to point IR connection. To have a secured normal HDMI cable connection, a mounting nut is added on each standard HDMI output port for fixing the cable.Custom Control:
Since this device has an industry compatible RS232 port it has the potential to be controlled by Home Automation controllers from Control4, AMX, Savant, BitWise, ControlFX and DemoPad, Crestron, NetStreams, Opus, and Elan as well as other compatible controllers.NOTE 2:
Only 1 - CAT5 cable is used with this device as the 19 HDMI wires are converted to the one CAT5 cable. Also the above receivers must be used as the chip sets must be matched.
This 4X4 HDMI over CAT-5 Matrix Switcher w/EDID Learning is a true matrix. It allows any source (Blue-Ray player, HD DVD player, satellite receiver, game system, etc.) to be shown on the any of the displays simultaneously, no matter the source is HDCP or not. The 4X4 HDMI Matrix Switcher w/EDID Learning has the ability of equalization and amplification to ensure HDMI signal's transmission with long cable without quality loss.
The 4X4 HDMI over CAT-5 Matrix Switcher w/EDID Learning offers solutions for digital entertainment center, HDTV retail and show site, HDTV, STB, DVD and projector factory, noise, space and security concerns, data center control, information distribution, conference room
presentation, school and corporate training environments.
Extended Display Identification (User Adjustable EDID) Data is a VESA standard data format that contains basic information about a HDTV and its capabilities, including vendor information, maximum image size, color characteristics, factory pre-set timings, frequency range limits, and character strings for the monitor name and serial number. The information is stored in the display and is used to communicate with the system through a Display Data Channel (DDC ), which sites between the monitor and the source device. The system uses this information for configuration purposes, so the HDTV and system can work together.
While using STP/UTP type cable to connect the sink, the user can remote control the matrix itself or the source from the sink side via an optional IR receiver. The function of the IR control is also based on the routing function so you can configure the system much easier than using simple point to point IR connection.
To have a secured normal HDMI cable connection, a mounting nut is added on each standard HDMI output port for fixing the cable.
The above CAT5 to HDMI Receivers Feature:
- Full functional module, no settings needed.
- Use UTP LAN cable（Cat5E/6） to substitute HDMI cable to achieve long distance transmission.
- UTP cable termination follows the standard of IEEE-568B.
- Transmission distance reaches up to 50 meters under the video format of 1080P.
- Auto-adjustment of feedback, equalization and amplification so you the the user do not need to care about the length of the cable.
- HDMI V1.3b supported.
- Signaling rates up to 2.25Gbits in support of 1080p displays.
- User Adjustable EDID
- Each port supports HDMI or DVI inputs.
- HDCP compliant.
- With LED indicators to show the power and video signal status.
- With ESD protection inside.
- Mounting ears supplied.
- Transfer Infrared control signal together with the HDMI signal.
- These CAT5 to HDMI Receivers can be cascaded.
We recommend strongly that you use good CAT5e / 6 STP cables with any CAT5 / 6 converting products like this one. Most of our "no picture" support calls are due to poor quality and cheap or poorly made cables.
Since it is high definition video we only recommend CAT5/6 cables with specs like our CAT-5 /6 cables either bought from us or another high quality
supplier. We also recommend, if possible, pre-made cables that are factory tested vs. field made cables due to the advanced testing methods used.
Why not buy this 4X4 HDMI over CAT-5 Matrix Switcher today?