Fast Switching 8x8 HDMI Matrix Router w/built-in EDID
The KanexPro HDMI 8x8 Matrix Switcher is extremely beneficial for any professional looking to expand their electronics for ease, speed, and quality. This machine would make any government or medical job much easier and faster with its quick response.
This digital matrix switcher is very light, weighing only five and a half pounds. It can route HDMI signals from eight video inputs and eight video outputs and supports Dolby digital-true HD and DTS-HD.
This matrix switcher is great for anyone that is tired of all those low-quality machines that keep performing slower and slower every day. It has resolutions up to 1920x1200, 1080p or 2K. It also supports Extended Display Identification Data (EDID) and Display Data Channel (DDC) data using HDMI and DVI standards. It is compliant with High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP), which uses DVI and HDMI 1.3 standards. It can be completely controllable through the RS-232 commands and the IR remote. There is also an option of purchasing the Ethernet Converter that can be hooked up to the switcher which can control the unit anywhere in the world. This switcher comes with nine global presets for I/O configurations that allow saving and recalling of information.
The Matrix Switcher also has the added benefit of front-panel buttons for anyone that likes the accessibility of having them visible. Nobody likes to reach around behind their electronics searching for the right button. It becomes even more difficult if the switcher is placed in a location that doesn’t allow access to the back of it. Not sure where to put it? The Matrix Switcher has a 2U rack mountable aluminum enclosure in order to place it in a safe and convenient spot in any house.
This machine supports high speed HDMI specifications which allow lip sync, deep color, and HD audio formats. The computer resolution with this machine is incredible with up to 1920x1200@60Hz. The Internal Universal power provides worldwide compatibility.
When it comes to the newest technology, the KanexPro switcher is a must-have for anyone that wants high-quality performance with many added benefits. Do a little research and see all that this magnificent little machine has to offer. If it doesn’t perform the way the buyer expects, enjoy KanexPro’s 3-year full parts and labor warranty.
The KanexPro HDMI 8x8 Matrix Router is an ultra-high performance, digital matrix router engineered to route HDMI signals from 8 inputs to 8 outputs. The unit provides full HDCP internal management for todays integration in commercial A/V market, ensuring HDCP key authentication, and administering the handshake internally.
8x8 HDMI Matrix Router Features:
- Fast-switching circuitry of up to eight HDMI/DVI sources to eight displays
- Supports bandwidth up to 10.2 Gbps
- Built-in EDID & HDCP internal management
- HDCP 1.3 complaint
- Supports 3D pass-through
- Supports High Speed HDMI Specifications (Deep Color, Lip Sync, and HD lossless audio formats)
- Supports full HD 1080p (1920x1080@60Hz)
- Computer resolutions up to WUXGA (1920x1200@60Hz)
- Supports DDC transmission
- Automatic gain compensation and equalization up to 100ft (30m)
- Audio breakaway switching for corresponding video
- Supports Dolby digital-true HD, DTS-HD
- CEC protocol pass-through.
- Front-panel LEDs for input/output signal presence
- Control through, IR, RS-232 and front-panel buttons
- Full RS-232 control-perfect for incorporating third party control systems
- 2U rack mountable aluminum enclosure
- Internal Universal power for worldwide compatibility (100Volt-240Volt AC, 50/60Hz)
- Backed by KanexPro's 3-year full parts & labor warranty
Fast Switching Technology (FST) is a software implementation for HDMI products and was created to improve the lengthy HDMI authentication process, based on the HDMI and HDCP specifications. FST allows onnecting/disconnecting or turning ON / OFF of displays.
Control of this 8x8 HDMI Matrix Router can be managed via its front-panel control, IR remote control, RS-232, or our optional RS-232 to Ethernet Converter. The RS-232 to Ethernet Converter allows control of the unit from anywhere in the world given you know how to write RS-232 code and have the correct serial Ethernet hardware. The 8x8 HDMI Matrix Router RS-232 control allows the switcher to also be controlled by 3rd party control systems like Crestron, AMX and Control4, or any computerized software/hardware control systems.
Why not buy this 8x8 HDMI Matrix Router today?
|Video Input||Video Output|
|Input||8 HDMI||Output||8 HDMI|
|Input Connector||HDMI 1.3||Output Connector||HDMI 1.3|
|Input Level||T.M.D.S. 2.9V/3.3V||Output Level||T.M.D.S. 2.9V/3.3V|
|Input Impedence||75Ω||Output Impedence||75Ω|
|Gain||0 dB||Bandwidth||340 MHz (10.2 Gbit/s)|
|Video Signal||HDMI (or DVI-D)||Maximum Pixel Clock||165MHz|
|Resolution Range||Up to 1920 x 1200 or 1080P@60Hz||Switching Speed||200ns (Max.)|
|Consumer Electronics Control (CEC)||Supports CEC wired infrared data pass-through using the HDMI 1.3 standard|
|EDID and DDC Management||Supports Extended Display Identification Data (EDID) and Display Data Channel (DDC) data using DVI and HDMI standards, EDID and DDC signals are actively bufferred.The built-in EDID/DDC database can analyze these two signals, mix them, and realize the handshake internally.|
|HDCP Management||Compliant with High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP) using DVI and HDMI 1.3 standards. The built-in HDCP management technology can analyze HDCP key authenticaltion, and realize handshake internally.|
|Digital Audio||Supports HDMI audio transmitted through the RGB and Y, Cr, Cb lines, actively buffered|
|Serial Control Port||RS-232, 9-pin female D connector||Pin Configurations||2 = TX, 3 = RX, 5 = GND|
|IR Remote||Default IR remote||Front Panel Control||Buttons|
|Options||TCP/IP control by KanexPro TCPRS2 Ethernet Controller|
|Power Supply||100VAC ~ 240VAC, 50/60Hz||Power Consumption||25W|
|Temperature||-20 ~ +70?||Humidity||10% ~ 90%|
|Case Dimension|| W19 x H3.4 x D12.6 in. |
(2U high, full rack wide)
|Product Weight||5.5 lb.|
|True HDMI High Speed Cables - Latest Versions - All Lengths|
|HDMI over Single CAT5 - Up to 500'|
Price: $499.95Today's price: $299.95
(You Save: 40%)
|HDMI to CAT5 Adapter to 330' w/one cable & Remote IR, 3D & 2D|
Price: $399.95Today's price: $299.95
(You Save: 25%)
The KanexPro HDMI 8x8 matrix switcher is ideal for countless commercial applications such as military, medical and government environments where swift, reliable switching and distribution of high-resolution DVI/HDMI signals is critical to meet pixel-by-pixel needs.
This 8x8 HDMI Matrix Router works with the following devices:
- Any high definition Dish Network and DirecTV receiver with HDMI outputs
- High definition TiVo's with HDMI outputs
- Any high definition cable receiver with HDMI outputs
- Canadian Rogers, Shaw, Bell ExpressVu and Star Choice receivers with HDMI out, or DVI out with a converter
- Any "Over The Air" (OTA) high definition receiver with HDMI outputs
- Sony PS3, HD DVD and Blu-ray DVD players
- Any Xbox360 with HDMI outputs
- Any upconverting DVD player with HDMI outputs
- Any DVHS VCR with HDMI outputs
- An APPLE TV with HDMI outputs
- A VuDu with HDMI outputs
- Many PC video cards with HDMI outputs
- Any high definition camcorder with an optional type C to standard HDMI cable
- Many A/V surround sound receivers with HDMI switching that include the proper chip set. Call your AV receiver supplier to discuss your application or us.
- Any HDCP compliant HDTV, monitor and projector. If the source is HDCP compliant and your TV is not, you will not get a picture. Please check your TV manual or the manufacturers web site.
- and other similar devices.
|8x8 HDMI Switcher - Fast Switching Time & LAN Control|
Price: $2,999.95Today's price: $1,349.95
(You Save: 55%)
|8-8 HDMI Matrix Switch Over CAT5 w/8-Receivers & Fast Switching|
HDTV Supply is a leader in supplying 3D equipment for this new, fast growing 3DTV market. Our test lab includes the latest equipment for designing, testing and supporting 3D video equipment. The chips sets we use support the below 3D formats and work with many of our HDMI 1.3 and HDMI 1.4 compliant devices. This 8x8 HDMI Matrix Router supports these 3D formats:
- Side-by-Side 3D Format
- Top-and-Bottom 3D Format
- Blu-ray 3D Format
- Frame packing
- and more
We not only test this 8x8 HDMI Matrix Router with lab equipment we also test many of our 3D devices with 3D products you are likely to use. The products used for the test are:
- Sony PS3 with the 3D 3.41 firmware
- Samsung model PN50C7000YF 3DTV
- Samsung model BD-C6900 3D Blu-ray player FORCED to 1080p
- Samsung model SSG-P2100T 3D glasses
- DirecTV models HR21-100 and the HR24 high definition receiver.
- HDTV Supply's true HDMI 1.4 cables
- It works with all HDMI devices including the new 3D units.
Q: Your 8x8 HDMI Matrix Router says it supports FST, what is FST?
A: This 8x8 HDMI Matrix Router incorporates FST (Fast Switching Technology). FST allows faster switching when selecting different audio/video sources. In addition to fast switching, it improves overall audio/video system behavior as well as performance when more than one HDTV display is used in the system. FST allows you to connect and disconnect, and turn on/off, HDTV displays without affecting other hi-def sources routed to other HDTV displays in the same system. A transition that could typically take up to 10 seconds is now reduced to little or no delay. This is achieved through an improvement of the HDCP (high-bandwidth digital content protection) handshaking process, which has been implemented into this matrix.
HDTV Supply includes a 3 Year Limited Warranty on this 8x8 HDMI Matrix Router. The warranty states that (a) its products (the “Product”) will perform substantially in accordance with the accompanying written materials for a period of 3 years from the date of receipt and (b) that the 8x8 HDMI Matrix Router will be free from defects in materials & workmanship under normal use & service for a period of 3 years. In order to get a warranty replacement for a defective 8x8 HDMI Matrix Router HDTV Supplys Support Team will verify the product is eligible for warranty. An RMA number will then be issued. Shipped replacements will be in like new conditions, tested and all components included.
HDTV Supply also sells a 5 Year warranty for this 8x8 HDMI Matrix Router. Please go to 5 Year Extended Warranty.
Questions & Answers
Ask a question about the Fast Switching 8x8 HDMI Matrix Router w/built-in EDID or Call 800-841-9238