There never will be a product that converts HDMI to an IEEE1394 Firewire signal...read on:
There never will be a non-PC product that converts HDMI to an IEEE1394 Firewire signal!
1. HDMI has an HDCP copy protection signal within it and most firewire video does not, so it is not compatible.
2. An HDMI cable has 19 wires in it whereas a IEEE1394 Firewire cable has only 1 wire + its ground.
3. An HDMI cable has a +5 volt and ground signal in it and a Firewire does not.
What can I do?
1. Buy a new HDTV with HDMI inputs or use the component outputs.
2. Improve your picture by calibrating your HDTV with our Digital Video Essentials Tune-up Calibration DVD.
Recently Viewed Items