Zektor MAS7.1 3X1 7.1 Channel AV Switch w/3X1 HDMI Switcher
The Zektor MAS7.1 is a 3X1, 7.1 channel audio switch with a built-in 3X1 HDMI switch. It allows switching between HD DVD, Blu-ray, SACD and DVD-A players.
The Zektor MAS7.1 is a 3 input, 1 output, 7.1 channel audio switch (with an independent built in 3X1 HDMI - 1.3a rated) and the switcher can be used with:
- SACD 5.1 and 7.1 CD players
- Digital Audio 5.1 and 7.1 CD players
- Blu-ray DVD players with 5.1 and 7.1 outputs
- HD-DVD DVD players with 5.1 and 7.1 outputs
- Preamps and AV receivers with 5.1 and 7.1 outputs
If you use it that way the MAS7.1 is a PS3 compatible HDMI 1.3a compatible switch, 3X1 component and HDMI switch with optical and coax digital audio switching, allowing you to conveniently switch between any HDMI or component source including set-top boxes, HD-DVD and a Blu-ray DVD players. The unit cannot upconvert component to HDMI as they are two separate internal units.
The Zektor MAS7.1 3X1 HDMI switching section can be used with:
- Any high definition Dish Network and DirecTV receiver with HDMI outputs
- High definition TiVo's with HDMI outputs
- Any high definition cable receiver with HDMI outputs
- Canadian Rogers, Shaw, Bell ExpressVu and Star Choice receivers with HDMI out, or DVI out with a converter
- Any "Over The Air" (OTA) high definition receiver with HDMI outputs
- Sony PS3, HD DVD and Blu-ray DVD players
- Any Xbox360 with HDMI outputs
- Any upconverting DVD player with HDMI outputs
- Any DVHS VCR with HDMI outputs
- A Roku with HDMI outputs
- A Vudu with HDMI outputs
- A FLIP video camera with the correct HDMI adapter cable.
- An APPLE TV with HDMI outputs
- Many PC video card with HDMI outputs
- Any high definition camcorder with a standare HDMI out or an optional type C to standard HDMI cable
- Many A/V surround sound receivers with HDMI switching that include the proper chip set. Call your AV receiver supplier to discuss your application or us.
- Any HDCP compliant HDTV, monitor and projector. If the source is HDCP compliant and your TV is not, you will not get a picture. Please check your TV manual or the manufacturers web site.
- and other similar devices.
The Zektor MAS7.1 includes optical and coax digital audio switching and includes a 3X1 HDMI 1.3a rated switcher, allowing you to conveniently switch between any HDMI sources like a PS3, HD DVD and a Blu-ray DVD player.
Zektor MAS7.1 3 to 1 7.1 Channel Audio Switch Features:
- Three 7.1 Channel Audio Inputs and One Output
- All channels are passively switched with no active electronics used to route audio signals
- Includes a built-in 3X1 HDMI 1.3a rated switcher
- If you're not using the (3) three 7.1 channel audio inputs you can use the unit as a 3X1 component video switcher with right and left analog audio and digital audio!
Zektor MAS7.1 3X1 Configuration Options, all with a separate internal 3X1 HDMI 1.3a rated switch:
- 3X1 7.1 Audio switch, or
- 3X1 Component video switcher w/all audio, or
- 3X1 Composite video switcher w/all audio, or
- many others due to the immense amount of inputs/channel.
Passive Switching of Analog Signals: By using relays to route audio signals, as opposed to active analog switching ICs, we are able to achieve the same quality of signal pass through, that would be achieved by manually swapping 6 cables each time you switched between HD-DVD, Blu-ray, SACD and DVD-A players. There's no reason to compromise signal integrity for the convenience of having a remote controlled audio switch.
The audio switching is fully passive in the MAS7.1 design. Each input channel passes through low impedance gold contact relays to reach the corresponding output channel. Because of the flexibility designed into this unit, a total of 24 relays are used to connect the audio sources to the outputs. The switching and delay times are handled by the onboard processor.
Digital Audio Switching: Optical and Coax audio switching is also supported with auto conversion being done between the two digital formats.
Built-in 3X1 (PS3 Compatible) HDMI 1.3a rated Switch: A completely independent three in and one out HDMI switch is built-in which allows full HDMI switching between satellite and cable boxes, upscaling DVD player, HD-DVD and Blu-ray players, PS3 Playstation or Home Theater PCs. It is the first HDMI 1.3a rated switch to ship today. It also switches digital audio if you don't use it with the 5.1/7.1 and component switch.
Test Report: HDTV Supply wanted to know how good the HDMI 1.3a switching was on this MAS7 with the latest firmware so we tested it with the following devices:
- Toshiba A35 HD-DVD 1080p DVD player
- Sony 1080p PS3 Blu-ray and game player
- Sony BDP-S300 1080p Blu-ray player
- DirecTV H20 1080i high definition satellite receiver
- Dish Network 722 1080i high definition satellite receiver
We then replaced the 6 foot HDMI cable with one of our 50 foot 24 gauge HDMI cables and the picture was the same. We then attached another 50 foot cable (total length of 100 feet) with our $45 HDMI booster at the end and again the picture was gorgeous. This is a hot unit and one of the best, if not the best, 3X1 HDMI 1.3a switcher available today!
One of the reasons why, is that the MAS7.1 uses a Texas Instruments (TI) TMDS341A HDMI switching chip to handle the 3:1 HDMI switching function. The TI chip is compatible with HDMI 1.3a and supports bandwidths as high as 1.65 Gbps. Care has been taken with the board design (as seen in the picture) to time align each of the signals within an HDMI link. Trace lengths must be well matched within each pair and each pair within a given link must be close in length to time align the channels within a link. Also, they have avoided any 90 degree bends in the traces to reduce unwanted signal reflection.
HDMI Version 1.3a gives you:
- Lipsync: They coordinate the output of audio and video which is important as all many types of video and audio equipment can cause unequal delay in the signal.
- Double the Data Rate: Upgraded from 4.95 gigabits per second to 10.2 Gbps.
- Deep color: The new spec HDMI 1.3a spec allows for billions of colors instead of millions.
- Uncompressed audio: Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio can be sent uncompressed.
Processor: The brains of the MAS7.1 HDMI/Audio switcher lies with an Atmel high performance, low power AVR 8-Bit Micro-controller. This processor provides basic control for the MAS7.1 and has an integrated serial port for the RS232 interface. This cost effective controller give products such as this versatility and a rich set of features at a low cost. This also allows users to store configurations in nonvolatile memory.
Switching Delay: The switching delay time can be adjusted for each set of inputs. They are grouped as HDMI delay, Digital Audio mute delay, Multi-channel Audio delay, and Stereo audio delay. Settings can vary between zero seconds to 500ms in increments of 0 sec, 20ms, 50ms, 100ms, 200ms, or 500ms.
Front Panel: The front panel has a set of three primary buttons and a set of three secondary buttons. There is also a Sync button that will link the primary and secondary buttons together so that if button "2" is pressed, "S2" will also be switched. The MAS7.1 is completely configurable to allow separate primary and secondary switching groups. The user can configure the input types to a specific group for maximum flexibility. All front panel buttons can also be disabled to prevent small children from changing the settings. Best of all, there are four ways to control the unit. The manual front panel controls, the IR remote, the hardwired IR input jack, or the RS-232 interface.
Rear Panel: The back of the MAS7.1 is loaded with connectors for multi-channel analog audio, digital optical toslink, coaxial digital, and HDMI. Input power comes from an external 9V, 500mA AC adapter. Any combination of optical and coaxial digital audio inputs can be used with cross-conversion between the two. A full duplex RS232 interface is provided for controlling the switcher from a controller making use of their K.I.S.S.闂(Keep It Simple Serial) protocol. The 3.5mm (1/8") jack can be configured to receive a 12V On/Off command (3V-15V, positive or negative polarity) or an IR input signal. This input signal is completely optically-isolated from the rest of the MAS7.1 electronics to protect it and prevent noise from coupling into the unit.
Gold Plated Connections: Gold plated RCA connectors are used throughout the design to reduce the possibility of contact generated noise caused by corrosion.
Features Zektor's Exclusive IIR Learning: The MAS7.1 features Zektor's exclusive IIR (Intelligent Infra-Red) learning. Zektor's IIR learning allows the MAS7.1 to work with virtually any remote control! Control the MAS7.1 with an obsolete TV remote. The MAS7.1 also works great with any universal remote control.
Full Featured Remote Control Interface: A full featured IR command set is available using any remote control, including commands such as: Power Toggle, Direct Channel Selection, Channel Sequencing and for better integration with universal remotes with macro capabilities, discrete commands including Power On, and Power Off are also available.
The MAS7.1 remote is simple to use and not easily misplaced. Zektor decided to create a single remote for multiple applications. Only the second set of buttons are used with the MAS7.1 unit. However, should the user decide to include more Zektor components into their A/V system, the same remote can be used to control all of these products. All of the buttons found on the front panel of the MAS7.1 are also available on the remote.
Built-in RS-232: For compatibility with Crestron or AMX type setups, an RS-232 port included with the Zektor MAS7.1. The bi-directional RS-232 protocol allows for full control and inquiry of the current MAS7.1 state.
Auto Dimming Display: The LED indicator lights can be set to Bright, Dim, or an Auto Dim mode. The Auto Dim mode will fade the LEDs to half power about 4 seconds after a channel is selected. The bright and dim levels are user adjustable from very bright, to off.
Rack Mountable Metal Enclosure (1RU): Enclosed in a steel chassis with a machined, brushed aluminum front panel, and available in black or silver, the MAS7.1 seamlessly integrates into your existing home theater environment.
Optional International Power Supply: Available with an international power supply for 90-264VAC, 47-63Hz operation. The international supply comes with adapters for UK, EURO, AUS and USA use. The international supply is a unique unit that comes with four different blade sets for the USA, UK, Australia and Europe. These blade inserts actually assemble into the base unit and allows the power suply to be used in any of these countries. These inserts are not a low cost adapter but actually designed for the power supply and are excellent in quality.
Zektor4 MAS7.1 3 to 1 7.1 Channel Audio Switch Analog Audio Specifications:
- Bandwidth @ +/-0.1db: DC to greater than 100KHz
- Bandwidth @ -3db: 140MHz
- Insertion loss: Less than 0.1db, DC - 100KHz
- Adjacent Channel Crosstalk: Less than -104db (20KHz)
- Un-select Channel Crosstalk: Less than -104db (20KHz)
- Dimensions: 17"W x 6.5"D x 1.75"H
- Weight: 8 lbs
- Warranty: Two year parts & labor
- Power Supply: 90-120VAC, 60Hz, 15W, 9V @ 500ma, U.L. Listed
Why not buy the Zektor MAS7.1 three to one 7.1 Channel Audio Switch right now?
|SACD (6-Channel) Audio Cables - 3 foot |
|HDMI Cables - Choose From 80 Lengths & Types|
Price: $49.95Today's price: $19.95
(You Save: 60%)
|Flat HDMI Cable - HDMI 1.4 w/ 3D - Many Lengths|
Price: $99.95Today's price: $29.95
(You Save: 70%)
|3X1 5.1 Analog Audio Manual Switch|
Price: $129.95Today's price: $89.95
(You Save: 31%)
|Optical Audio to 6-Channel Audio Converter|
Price: $299.95Today's price: $99.95
(You Save: 67%)
Questions & Answers
Ask a question about the Zektor MAS7.1 3X1 7.1 Channel AV Switch w/3X1 HDMI Switcher or Call 800-841-9238
|Zektor MAS7.1 User Manual (Rev 2) |
This is the MAS7.1 User Manual formatted for viewing on your computer monitor. Includes an interactive table of contents. (1.5M)
|Zektor MAS7.1 User Manual (Printer) |
Same as above but formatted as a booklet to be printed double sided, folded in half, and stapled in the center. (645K)
Zektor MAS7.1 3X1 7.1 Channel AV Switch w/3X1 HDMI Switcher
Recently Viewed Items