VGA to HDMI Adapter with VGA Pass-thru
VGA to HDMI Adapter w/VGA Pass-thru Features:
- View a (*Read below) laptop or PC in your conference room with sound on your HDMI equipped HDTV
- VGA Pass-thru to go to another VGA display
- Easy to Use: Install in seconds, no need of setting.
- Conversion: convert A PC's VGA video and R/L audio into HDMI.
- Extra VGA and R/L audio outputs: the outputs could be connected back to PC's monitor and speakers.
- Manual adjusting button: used for position the image precisely under some extreme conditions.
- The image does not need to be adjusted, the VGA to HDMI adapter will position it automatically. The user may adjust the horizontal position if needed.
- HDCP compliant
- Video & Analog Audio Conversion to HDMI
- Supports resolution of 1600x1200@60 Hz ( PC )
- Input: Y-Pb-Pr (DVD, etc) / RGB (TV)
EXCLUSIVE TIP 1: This VGA to HDMI adapter has our custom latest 2011 firmware to allow it to interface to more PC's. You can only get this from us.
EXCLUSIVE TIP 2: This VGA to HDMI adapter has a VGA pass through allowing you to pass the VGA signal to another monitor or back to the source device. You can only get this from us.
This device is not a scaler or scan converter. This means that the resolution of the video signal at the HDMI output is the same as the input signal. If you require your converter to scale the signal see our VGA to HDMI Converter / Scaler.
Whatever resolution goes in this VGA to HDMI Adapter, goes out as it does not upconvert or down convert the signal. See the below chart for acceptable input resolutions. Any aspect ratio control is done from your source device or your HDTV. A 4X3 input comes out as a 4X3 output, same with a 16X9. See the below resolutions that this device supports.
If you have a PC or laptop and want sound you will need a Stereo Audio to 3.5mm Y Converter Cable to plug into your headphone sound jack.
VGA to HDMI Adapter Operational Instructions (PLEASE PRINT THIS TO HELP YOU INSTALL IT):
- Connect a component to VGA cable into the VGA to HDMI Adapter
- Connect a right and left audio cable ( if applicable ) to the audio inputs on the converter
- Connect a short HDMI cable from the VGA to HDMI Adapter to the Display. If the length needs to be greater than 10 foot you may need to buy a 22 or 24 gauge HDMI cable. Call us if you have questions.
- Connect a VGA cable from the computer to the VGA to HDMI Adapter
- Connect an audio cable ( if applicable ) to the audio inputs on the VGA to HDMI Adapter
- Connect an HDMI cable from the VGA to HDMI Adapter to the Display
- If the image doesn't display, (*Read below) change the resolution on the computer to match the native resolution of the display. Try 1024 X 768 first.
- On most Windows based computers you can check the resolution by going to the Desktop screen, do a right hand click, go to Properties Tab and look at the resolution of your video card to see if it can match the native resolution of the display.
- Many laptops don't allow you to display BOTH its monitor and another output. Please check you manual and the Video Cards Control Panel to see if yours does that.
CAUTION: This device converts a VGA signal to an HDMI signal and cannot be used in reverse to convert HDMI to VGA! If you need to convert HDMI to VGA see our HDMI to VGA adapters.
VGA to HDMI Adapter Specifications:
- HDMI Video Amplifier Bandwidth: 1.65 Gbps
- HDMI Connector: Type A (19 pin) female
- VGA Connector: HD-15 female
- Audio Connector: Right & left analog RCA Type audio
VGA to HDMI Adapter Setup:1. Connecting the video source to the VGA to HDMI Adapter: Connect a VGA / Y-Pb-Pr output cable from the signal source to the VGA INPUT located on the converter.
Note: An RCA 3 to VGA adapter is required to make this connection.
2. Connecting the audio source to the VGA to HDMI Adapter: Connect the audio source to the right and left RCA Type connectors labeled AUDIO INPUT on the back of the VGA to HDMI Adapter with digital audio cables, if necessary.
3. Connecting the VGA to HDMI Adapter to the display: Using a standard HDMI cable (see options), connect the VGA to HDMI Adapter to your video display.
4. Powering the VGA to HDMI Adapter: Connect the tip on the power adapter (provided) to the port marked DC/5V on the VGA to HDMI Adapter. Connect the opposite end to a wall outlet or other suitable power source.
5. SETTING RESOLUTION: For your laptop, please try the below operation. Right click on the laptop monitor; Choose the "Properties"; Click "Settings"; Tick "Expand the windows desktop to the monitor"; Click "Application" to save the setting. Then you can try clicking the "Advanced Setting" under the "Expand the windows desktop to the monitor" and set it (On this set, please check the items in details and set the one suitable for you).
(*) NOTE 1: Whatever resolution goes in this converter, goes out as it does not upconvert or down convert the signal. Any aspect ratio control is done from your source device or your HDTV. A 4X3 input comes out as a 4X3 output, same with a 16X9. See the above resolutions that this device supports.
This VGA to HDMI Adapter is not Plug-and-Play
(*) NOTE 2: This VGA to HDMI Adapter is not a scaler or scan converter. This means that the resolution of the video signal at the HDMI output is the same as the input signal. If you require your converter to scale the signal see our VGA to HDMI Converter / Scaler.
(*) NOTE 3: Most HDMI enabled displays do not support the full complement of PC resolutions and are only designed to handle HDTV input formats of 480i or 480p @ 60 Hz, 576i or 576p @ 50 Hz, 720p @ 60 Hz, or 1080i @ 60 Hz. This means that if you set your PC at a resolution of 1024x768 (XGA), your display may not display the HDMI image. Try 1024 X 768 first.
In this case you have to set your PC's resolution to either 640x480@60 (VGA interpreted as 480p), 800x600@50 (SVGA interpreted as 576p), or 1280x720@60 (WXGA interpreted as 720p).
(*) NOTE 4: Your video card has to be able to output a resolution your TV supports in order to get a Pixel for Pixel image. So if the native resolution of your TV is 1366x768, you are going to get the best picture if you can get your video card to output 1366x768. That's what makes it 1:1...or actually 1366:1366. Some video cards can't output HD resolutions so check your manual.
(*) NOTE 5: Please try the following resolutions: 1280x720 or 1366x768 ( 1280x720 is preferred and will most likely work ). If you don`t have the resolutions listed above, please download the latest driver for your video card and it should have either 1280x720 or 720p ( under HDTV resolutions ).
(*) NOTE 6: Many consumer HDTV's suffer from overscan or cutting off of screen information that may make navigation difficult.
(*) NOTE 7: The VGA to HDMI Adapter offers the truest conversion available between a PC and an HDTV. The clarity of the HDTV display is directly related to how close the VGA out is in dimensions and pixels to the HDTV format.
(*) NOTE 8: Try it on a desktop computer to see if it can work. Try 1024 X 768 first.
(*) NOTE 9: For your laptop, please try the below operation. Right click on the laptop monitor; Choose the "Properties"; Click "Settings"; Tick "Expand the windows desktop to the monitor"; Click "Application" to save the setting.
Then you can try clicking the "Advanced Setting" under the "Expand the windows desktop to the monitor" and set it (On this set, please check the items in details and set the one suitable for you).
(*) NOTE 10: 640x480 is EXACTLY the same as 480p, so a 480p HDTV display will be that of a true monitor in clarity. 1024x768 is closest to 720p and will generally look best on that HDTV resolution. Performance will vary slightly depending upon the HDTV.
The above limitations can be overcome providing that your PC's video card can support special resolutions, and you are able to properly configure the output. One resolution that will require no special modification is 640x480 (480p) @ 60Hz which should work on virtually all HD-Ready TV.
(*) NOTE 11: This device may not natively support wide screen on your HDTV so you MUST ENFORCE CUSTOM RESOLUTIONS at the native resolution of your HDTV to get 16x9 resolutions.
(*) NOTE 12: Many laptops don闂佺懓澧庡▍姒ow you to display BOTH its monitor and another output. Please check you manual and the Video Cards Control Panel to see if yours does that.
(*) NOTE 13: This VGA to HDMI adapter supports 1080p from the VGA output of most consumer electronic devices and up to 1280x1024, ~1080i, from PC video cards. It may or may not support a 1920X1080i (1080p) signal from a video card depending upon the video card and HDTV. See the below chart.
|True HDMI High Speed Cables - All Lengths|
This VGA to HDMI Adapter can be used with HDTV's that have an HDMI input and:
- High definition TiVo's with component video outputs
- High definition Dish Network and DirecTV receivers with component video outputs
- High definition cable receivers with component video outputs
- WII, Sony PS3, HD DVD and Blu-ray DVD players with component video outputs
- Any DVD player with component video outputs
- PC's and laptops with VGA outputs
- and other similar devices.
|VGA & Component Video to HDMI Scaler Switch|
Price: $199.95Today's price: $49.95
(You Save: 75%)
|VGA to HDMI Scaler - See a PC on a Widescreen|
HDTV Supply includes a 1 Year Limited Warranty on this product. The warranty states that (a) its products (the "Product") will perform substantially in accordance with the accompanying written materials for a period of 1 year from the date of receipt and (b) that the Product will be free from defects in materials & workmanship under normal use & service for a period of 1 year. In order to get a warranty replacement for a defective item, HDTV Supplys Support Team will verify the product is eligible for warranty. An RMA number will then be issued. Shipped replacements will be in like new conditions, tested and all components included. A 30-day RETURN also comes with this warranty.
HDTV Supply also sells a 3 and 5 Year Extended Warranty for this product. Please go to Extended Warranties or see the above Options to purchase it.
Ask a Question
Questions & Answers
Ask a question about the VGA to HDMI Adapter with VGA Pass-thru or Call 800-841-9238
VGA to HDMI Adapter with VGA Pass-thru
Recently Viewed Items