Key Digital KD-FIX418 4K/18G HDMI Fixer/Booster/Buffer
The Key Digital KD-FIX418
resolves common HDMI integration obstacles related to HDCP, EDID, Hot Plug Detection, and bandwidth. Units may be paired to compress and decompress 18Gbps video signals and extend via legacy 10.2Gbps cabling, or high-equalization may be applied on the HDMI input for repair of degraded incoming signals.
The Key Digital KD-FIX418 is a simple yet powerful correction device with many different modes to help integrators fix 18G HDMI video signal problems. In down-convert mode the unit accepts an incoming 18G signal and down-converts into a 10G signal for integration into an existing matrix or video distribution system. Another mode compresses 18G signals for extension over a long HDMI cable and then decompresses the signal with a second KD-FIX418 unit installed near the display. With compression and decompressed modes selected, the 18G signal is able to extend over existing infrastructure and still be displayed at 18G. Lastly, it also has high-input boost to clear up any issues with artifacts on the display such as lost pixels or flickering. The different modes are selected using a small rotary conveniently located next to the HDMI connecter on the unit.
The Key Digital KD-FIX418 works with HDMI cabling for extension of 4K/UHD signals with HDR10 up to 75 ft / 23m in or out, and offers 4K/UHD support for 4096x2160 or 3840x2160 24/25/30/60hz at 4:4:4(up to 18Gbps bandwidth).
The Key Digital KD-FIX418 also has built-in Full Buffer System technology which manages TMDS re-clocking and signal re-generation, HDCP authentication to source & display, and EDID handshaking control. Unlike many manufacturers, Key Digital has had EDID control for 10+ years. EDID control has 15 different settings inside the software, many of which are now updated to contain HDR header information in the handshake. HDCP authentication on the HDMI input gives the source the information and file it needs and is 2.2 compliant. Forced Hot Plug Detection enables the integrator or user to choose if the active signal voltage is forced to the connected input device.NOTE: HDTV Supply is proud to be an Authorized Reseller of Key Digital Products and provide Key Digitals 3 YEAR WARRANTY along with our Free HDTV Supply Lifetime Telephone Tech Support. HDTV Supply also upgrades their 3-Year Warranty to a 5-YEAR WARRANTY at no cost to you and we will Price Match if you find a lower price from an Authorized Key Digital Reseller conforming to the specs on this product page.
Key Digital KD-FIX418 4K/18G HDMI Fixer/Booster/Buffer Features:
- HDMI Correction: Resolves common HDMI integration obstacles related to HDCP, EDID, Hot Plug Detection, and bandwidth
- Compress/Decompress: Pair units to compress and decompress 18Gbps video signals and extend via legacy 10.2Gbps cabling
- Boost Mode: High equalization option on HDMI input for repair of degraded incoming signals
- Cabling Extension: Works with HDMI cabling for extension of 4K/UHD signals with HDR10 up to 75 ft / 23m in or out. Maximum one active/directional HDMI cable may be used.
- 4K/UHD Support: 4096x2160 or 3840x2160 24/25/30/60hz at 4:4:4(up to 18Gbps bandwidth)
- HDR10 and Dolby Vision: More life-like images through a greater range of luminance levels
- HDCP2.2: Compliancy up to HDCP 2.2 and backward compliant
- Deep Color Support: Up to 4K/UHD 30Hz 4:4:4/12 bits or 60Hz 4:4:4/8 bit
- Low Profile: Super compact chassis size
- USB Powered: Low power consumption enables power from standard USB micro port
- Full Buffer System™: Manages TMDS re-clocking / signal re-generation, HDCP source & display authentication, Hot Plug Management and EDID Control handshake
- Lossless Compressed Digital Audio: Dolby® TrueHD, Dolby® Digital Plus, DTS-HD Master Audio™ and Dolby® Atmos
- Auto-EQ: Precise signal equalization applied to input and output signals automatically delivers best possible picture quality
- EDID Control: Internal library with 15 EDID handshakes including 4K with HDR in addition to native EDID data of output/display
- Forced HPD: Enables integrator to choose if active signal voltage is forced to connected input device
- CEC and ARC Pass-thru: Enables inter-device communication signals via CEC, ARC, and HDMI Ethernet channels
Why not buy this Key Digital KD-FIX418 4K/18G HDMI Fixer/Booster/Buffer today?
This product may be eligible to be purchased through the United States Governments SEWP program, similar to their GSA program.
The NASA SEWP (Solutions for Enterprise-Wide Procurement) provides the latest in Information and Communications Technology (ICT) and Audio-Visual (AV) products and services for all Federal Agencies and their approved contractors.
If you are a government agency and want to see whether HDTV Supply has this product in the SEWP database go to our our SEWP Contract Holder RedHawk IT Solutions, LLC
to allow you to maybe order this product from the United States Governments SEWP program. It is very easy to place your order, go to the link above and enter HDTV Supply and there you will see a list of part numbers of what we currently have. If you do not see it than give us a call at 833-WOLFPACK (833-965-3722) and we may be able to enter it.
Our SEWP Contract Holder RedHawk IT Solutions partner has the following credentials:
- DUNS: 801957023
- TIN: 260452583
- CAGE: 4TBM6
Their SEWP Federal Contracts are:
- SEWP Contract Number: NNG15SD38B
- Group: Group B_SDVOSB
- NAICS: 541519
- SEWP Contract Number: NNG15SD88B
- Group: Group C
- NAICS: 541519
The SEWP Program Office manages a suite of government-wide IT products and services contracts that enable NASA and all Federal Agencies to achieve their missions and strategic initiatives by providing streamlined access to critical technologies and solutions. The Program provides best value for the Federal Government and American taxpayer through innovative procurement processes, premier customer service and outreach, acquisition insight, and partnership with Government entities and Industry.
For a complete listing of HDTV Supply products from us, or our other vendors, call 833-WOLFPACK (833-965-3722).