The Gefen HDMI 1.3 Over Fiber with IR system extends huge amounts of video information over a single small strand of inexpensive fiber optic cable that can easily be hidden in a wall or above a ceiling. This simple solution offers all the benefits of multiple strand solutions, including HDCP handshaking. Great distances normally not achievable with fiber optic cable can be easily obtained.
1080p Full HD deep color is displayed at the destination with no signal delays and no EMI (electromagnetic interference) disturbances such as cut-outs and pixilation, phenomena that can happen often with copper cables, especially at long distances. The Gefen HDMI v1.3 Over Fiber with IR Extender is designed to deliver HDMI v1.3 features such as deep color with enhanced multichannel digital audio, bringing a full theater experience wherever it is needed. The IR back channel is carried on the CAT5 cable, providing convenient, local control of video source devices.
How It Works
Install the Sender near your High Definition source and the Receiver at the Display side. Connect HDMI cables from the Sender to your source and from Display to Receiver. Run a single strand of SC fiber optic cable from Sender to Receiver for AV signals, then run a single CAT5 cable from Sender to Receiver for the IR back channel.
Plug in the power supplies on the Sender and Receiver, and crisp vibrant HDMI 1.3 video will appear on the Display. The included IR remote control allows selection of video sources from the vicinity of any Display. IR commands from the remote control to video source equipment are sent across the IR back channel via the CAT5 cable which connects the Sender and Receiver at their RJ45 jacks.
- Immune to electro-magnetic interference (EMI)
- Transmits HDMI 1.3 audio/video at full bandwidth
- 1000-foot (330m) extension distance, maximum
- Delivers highest quality signal of any HDMI extension method
- Supports video resolutions up to 1080p, 2K, and 1920 x 1200
- Uses inexpensive and widely available single-strand multimode LC fiber optic cable
- HDCP Compliant
- Video Amplifier Bandwidth: 340 MHz
- HDMI Input/Output Connector: type A, 19 pin
- Link Connector: SC Fiber Optic
- CAT5 Connector: RJ45
- Input Video Signal:1.2 volts p-p
- Input DDC Signal: 5 volts p-p (TTL)
- Power Supply: 5V DC
- Dimensions: 2.75"W x 4.5"H x 1.2"D (approx)
- Shipping Weight: 5 lbs. (approx)
- 1 x HDMI-FO Fiber Optic Extender - Sender
- 1 x HDMI-FO Fiber Optic Extender - Receiver
- 5V DC Power Supply
- User's Manual
Questions & Answers
Ask a question about the HDMI 1.3 Over Fiber with IR or Call 800-841-9238