This 720p / 1080i DVI to VGA component video RGB-HV converter
allows you to convert your HDMI or DVI output device to an analog VGA or RGB-HV input on your HDTV or projector that supports VGA or RGB-HV.THIS PRODUCT IS NOT SOLD FOR THE UNAUTHORIZED RECORDING OF COPYRIGHTED WORKS INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, UNAUTHORIZED RECORDING FROM PRERECORDED COPYRIGHTED MOVIES.
THIS PRODUCT IS SOLD TO ALLOW YOU TO EXTEND THE LIFE OF YOUR HD READY DISPLAY THAT DOES NOT INCORPORATE AN HDMI / DVI INPUT.NOTE:
The input connector is DVI so if your needs are HDMI one of our HDMI to DVI converters must be used. Also, since DVI does not carry audio, your audio must be handled separately. You must buy an HDMI to DVI adapter
This unit supports high definition resolutions of 720p and 1080i. It does not support a device output of 1080p AND YOU MUST SET THE UNIT TO ANOTHER RESOLUTION. Your VGA or RGB-HV input must be 720p / 1080i to see high definition so read the manual on your HDTV on the resolutions the VGA ( RGB-HV ) port supports.
The internal electronics in this converter allows your Xbox360 Elite, PS3, PC, cable / satellite set top box or DVD player (which has a DVI / HDMI output) to be seen on a 1080i (not 1080p) HDTV with 5 wire analog RGB-HV component inputs or a 15 pin VGA connector.
DVI to VGA Converter Technical Specifications:
- Input Connector: Female DVI receptacle ( HDMI adapter can be used)
- Output Connector: Male 15 pin D-sub VGA connector
- Compatible with DVI standard by DDWG
- 1.65 Gbps (Single link) DVI Bandwidth
- 165 Mhz VGA Bandwidth
- Regulatory approvals: RoHS
- No external power supply needed
- UXGA, SXGA, XGA, SVGA, VGA, and 1080i, 720p and 480p compatible
- Not 1080p compatible!
This DVI to VGA smart cable does not work with a red-green-blue component signal as it must have the 2 additional horizontal and vertical sync signals. Many projectors have these 5 wire RGB-HV inputs or a VGA input.NOTE 2:
Check your existing cable(s) on whether it is male or female as you may need a gender changer. Read the above description again on this cables connector gender.NOTE 3:
Since DVI and VGA are video only, separate audio cables must be purchased.NOTE 4:
The unit cannot be used in reverse. The input is DVI and the output is VGA.NOTE 5:
Aspect ratio control in set by your source device or HDTV as whatever goes in this adapter is converted and sent out at the same resolution (except no 1080p) and aspect ratio.NOTE 6:
If you are using long HDMI, DVI or VGA cables you may need a booster so see our Cable Booster Section
.NOTE 7: How to use this with a PS3:
1. Your HDTV input must be 15 pin VGA or 5 RCA jacks in a row labeled (or similar to) - Red - Green - Blue - H - V. If you have only Red, Green and Blue with no H and V this device won't work as it requires the horizontal and vertical sync signals.
Quantities and limited on this device and no more will be made after the inventory is sold.
2. You must buy an HDMI to DVI adapter and a DVI Gender Changer and a longer VGA to VGA cable or a VGA to 5 wire RGB-HV cable.
3. This unit supports high definition resolutions of 720p and 1080i. It does not support a PS3 output of 1080p AND YOU MUST SET THE PS3 TO ANOTHER RESOLUTION. Your VGA or RGB-HV input must have a 720p / 1080i resolution to see high definition so read the manual on your HDTV on the resolutions the VGA port supports.
4. Audio must be wired directly to a surround sound receiver as DVI does not support audio.