8x8 Component Video, Digital Audio, L+R Analog Audio Matrix Switcher
and has CAT5 outputs. Named the Danube, pronounced (dan-ube)
, after one of the great European rivers of the world. It is an 8 component audio / video input matrix switch with 8 CAT-5 outputs
utilizing Cat-5 cables to feed high definition video, digital and analog audio signals.
Danube 8X8 Component to CAT-5 Matrix Features:
- 8 sets of red, green and blue component inputs
- 8 pairs of red and white, right and left analog audio inputs
- 8 single digital audio (SPDIF coax) inputs ( doubles as 8 composite video matrix inputs switched to the same zone)
- 8 sets component video connector outputs within a CAT-5 connector
- 8 pairs of analog audio outputs within a CAT-5 connector
- 8 digital audio outputs within a CAT-5 connector outputs
- The matrix switcher can be controlled 3 ways: front panel LCD switches and by the included remote control and by the included RS-232 rear panel connector
- The Danube matrix switch will transmit any video / audio signal up to 1080p over two CAT-5 cables up to 1,000 feet away
- Expandable to 8X16 by buying another unit and 8 - 1x2 component video splitters. Additional cables may be necessary to reach the matrix switcher and its location.
- Made and supported in the U.S.A with a 2 year warranty
Because it is a matrix switcher, it allows any input to be routed to any output; or the same input to be routed to all outputs or any combination.EXAMPLE:
Watch a DVD in your den while someone else simultaneously watches high definition cable or satellite in the bedroom. Both the DVD player and the high definition receiver are in the den.
This 8X8 component video to CAT-5 matrix switch can be expanded to grow to an 8X16 component video to CAT-5 matrix switch. If you need video only than only one CAT-5 cable is required per output. The wall mount receiver unit is an in wall single gang Decora insert, which is paintable, and is completely powered by the main Danube unit. You can use either 568A or 568B CAT-5 cables, as long as the are the same at both ends.
The matrix switch will transmit a 1080i/p signal over two CAT-5 cables up to 1,000 feet away. The single gang decora in wall receiver will automatically detect the cable length and use the patented self adjusting equalizer to compensate for cable losses. Each wall receiver features a fully automatic equalization circuit, for which a US patent has been applied for. CAT-5 type cables are fairly lossy at high frequencies as well as long lengths. The automatic equalizer will detect the length of the cable, and apply the correct amount of equalization to restore the picture quality to a level indistinguishable from the original.
One issue is that other component to CAT-5 systems is that they require a local power source for each receiver, which is frequently an unsightly wall-warts. With the Danube all the power for the receiver is delivered through the CAT-5 cable. Simply plug the receiver into the CAT-5 cables, and screw it into the wall.
It is expandable by buying 2 of these 8X16 component video input matrix switches it will give you an 8X16 matrix switch with 16 CAT-5 outputs. Optionally, the digital audio section can be used for switching composite video within the same switching zone.
Danube Smart Receiver Receiver Features
- Automatically detects the cable length and use the patented self adjusting equalizer to compensate for cable losses
- Single gang Decora style module
- No local power needed - power comes from the 8x8 Component Video to CAT-5 Matrix switcher
- Auto-adjusting equalizer for a quick and reliable installation
- Paintable wall plate - Labels are applied after finish
Why not buy the Danube 8x8 Component Video, Digital Audio, L+R Analog Audio Matrix with Cat5 outputs today?