This true 32X16 component matrix switch
sends 32 devices to 16 TV's. Because it is a 32X16 matrix switcher, it allows any input to be routed to any output; or the same input to be routed to all outputs, or any combination.NOTE:
This product has been discontinued. See the above SIMILAR Tab for equivalent products or, if not there, call us at 833-WOLFPACK (833-965-3722) right now to discuss your needs.
Key features of the Colorado 32x16 Component Video Matrix Switch:
- 32 1080p component video input sets
- 16 independently controllable 1080p component video output sets
- 28 digital audio input sets (16 coaxial, 12 TOSLINK) - requires above splitters
- 14 independently controllable digital audio output set with transcoding (16 coaxial, 12 TOSLINK) - requires above splitters
- Remote IR control with Zerokey code learning ability
- RS-232 input for serial control
- RS-232 output for expansion and HDMI matrix control
- Latency from input to output: a few microseconds and not perceivable
- Switching delay: within 10-20 milliseconds and far shorter than the TV's will take to re-synch the new signal
- Flash based micro controller which allows firmware updates over the RS-232 port
- Professional quality video amps capable of driving cables up to 300 feet
- 16x3 = 48 "Y" splitter cables (6 inches long) are supplied to split 16 outputs. The component cables are not supplied because we do not know how you will mount them. You will need to buy all the component cables.
- Designed and tested to pass all video signals up to and including 1080p
- Steel rack mountable case
- Optional rack mounting ears
- Manual control using the front panel buttons
- IR control using a programmable remote.
- IR control using your standard remote.
- Zerokey can learn any remote keys to control the Colorado
- RS-232 control with a PC or your existing home theater controller.
- Unified IR and RS232 command set across entire line, 4x4 to 16x16 and beyond.
- Programmable volume control on analog audio using
- Burr-Brown amplifiers
- New front panel design
- Support for down loadable firmware updates over RS-232
Improved compatibility with difficult displays
- HDMI matrix expansion capability
- Programmable power on default: You can save the state of all outputs to flash memory. This state will be restored on power up.
- You can now link all output type switching
- Audio R/L BALANCE control with the optional audio matrix
- Config option to disable all audio gain functions (and remove them from LED menu)
- Config option to change the LED output zone numbers (for >16 zone systems)
- Flash modes are now usable with rs232 also
- Advanced mode operation (independent video & audio output control)
- Support for cascaded serial ports
This Colorado 32x16 Component Video Matrix Switch allows you to matrix send 32 video sources to 16 HDTV's and expand it to a true 32X160 component video matrix switcher, all with digital audio, by buying additional Colorado's and front end splitters.
The Colorado 32x16 Component Video Matrix Switch is the most cost effective high performance matrix switch on the the market. It supports both HD component video and digital audio, plus offers easy integration with external HDMI matrix switches. If you need to add right and left analog audio and composite video switching, pair this switch with Colorado-AV 16x16 Audio Matrix Switch
with built-in volume controls.
Control of this switcher can be managed via its front-panel control, IR remote control, RS-232, or our optional
RS-232 to Ethernet Converter
. The RS-232 to Ethernet Converter allows control of the unit from anywhere in the world given you know how to write RS-232 code and have the correct serial Ethernet hardware.TIP 1:
If you have composite video needs the green input of the component cable in and out can be used. The matrix switcher however DOES NOT convert composite to component and the outputs ZONES must be followed. Composite video cable lengths up to around 500 feet are fine for composite.TIP 2:
This 32x16 Component Video Matrix Switch switches both 32 component video and 28 digital audio signals and most HDTV's do not support digital audio inputs, only right and left analog stereo audio. If you have a few HDTV's that need audio you can buy our
Digital Audio to Stereo Audio Converters
so to listen to the speakers in the HDTV.
If you buy the Colorado-Audio companion 16X16 audio matrix switcher
you get a 256 step input audio volume equalization. This feature allows you to set gain/attenuation for each audio input. The intent is to equalize the volume from all your sources, eliminating the need to manually adjust the volume every time you select that satellite box with the low level output.
The companion 16X16 audio matrix switcher still has the programmable OUTPUT volume settings and the above two work together to provide seamless stable volume control.
If you haven't yet had a chance to read about the volume control features on the companion 16X16 audio matrix switcher, I'd like to remind you that Snap AV makes a good, inexpensive 12 channel fixed gain power amp that pairs perfectly with the companion 16X16 audio matrix switcher. These together give you a complete solution for driving in wall speakers, and will save you hundreds of dollars from your current solution.
This Colorado 32x16 matrix switcher allows any 16 of the 16 component video and optionally 28 digital ( not right and left analog audio ) audio inputs to be switched to any of the 32 independent component and is perfect for a bar, restaurant or multi-room home theater system.
Analog right and left audio can be added by buying the above companion 16X32 AV matrix switcher.TIP 3: Long component cables
can be used depending on the specs of the cable. As with any cable at 1080i, look at the loss per meter at 30Mhz. Don't go beyond -3dB.
The entire product line offers unmatched upgrade
capability. Please call us at 800-841-9238, tell us what product you have and we'll show you how to upgrade it with a newer switcher.This 32x16 Component Video Matrix Switcher Video distribution system
is the ideal amplifier for driving long video cables in your home. Many vendors claim their products can do this, but very few can accomplish this without distortion of the video. The most important amplifier design factors in driving long cables are source impedance matching, output connector quality, amplifier bandwidth, and amplifier current drive and slew rate.
The output amplifiers of the Colorado use the best components for all these, resulting in the best signal distribution you can get.ZeroKey Technology:
There is no remote control that comes with the Colorado as the remote control interface can use ZeroKey infrared code cloning to map any remote control key to each of the inputs and outputs. ZeroKey technology is compatible with virtually all remote controls, and does not interfere with the normal operation of the remote.
ZeroKey programming is stored in flash memory, and you will
not need to reprogram even if you lose power. If you buy a new remote in the future, don't worry, the Colorado can be reprogrammed as much as you like. Alternately, you can see the below universal remote controls and the software is there for it below software to fully control this Colorado 16x16 Component Video Matrix Switch.Free Windows control software:
VSXCtl provides a free fully customizable control package for our switches. It can run on any windows platform, and can connect to the unit using many common options.
VSXCtl is primarily targeted for commercial applications in order to provide an easy to use control solution as no additional cost. VSXCtl can also be used as a debug tool during installation, a supplemental control method to an IR based system, or a primary residential control system in cost sensitive applications.
VSXCtl 1.0 features
Connect VSXCtl to your matrix using:
- Up to 32 output zones and 16 input zones per instance (multiple instances can be run for larger systems)
- Basic mode operation (Video & audio outputs linked)
- Volume, balance, and input gain control
- Full configurablity of input and output zone names
- Full configurability of Flash mode slot names
- 2 way communication for device status
HDMI Expansion Capability:
- Direct connection to your computers RS232 port
- USB control using a generic USB=>RS232 adapter
- Ethernet control using our Ethernet=>RS232 adapter
The Colorado has the ability to seamlessly add HDMI matrix switching capability. Simply purchase one of our HDMI matrix switches and connect the RS-232 port from the HDMI switch to the expansion port on the Colorado. You will be able to switch the HDMI matrix through the same control interface you use to switch the Colorado. No need for a separate remote or RS-232 controller.
How to program a remote control to operate a Colorado 16X32 component matrix switcher:
To do a full 16x32 component video you will need 34 remote keys. Generally the remote control should be a programmable remote. In that case, the setup is very easy.
- Download the below Pronto codes and upload these to the remote (if it doesn't support CCF, you can use the HEX format)
- Use the 16 output select and 16 input select codes as is, these will work for both switches
- For switch one, the "V" select code will just be the default
- For switch two, copy the "A" select code to a "V2" select code
- On switch two, learn the "V2" code into zerokey IR code 0.
- You're done.
- To control outputs 1-16 send Code "V", send output select code, send input select code
- To control outputs 17-32 send Code "V2", send output select code (output -16), send input select code
Why not buy this Colorado 16x32 Component Video Matrix Switch today?
Back to top