16x96 Component Matrix Switcher - iPad App
Since it is made up of 6 - 16X16 matrix switchers in the unlikely event of a failure you always have 80 TV's working during the repair.
This Colorado 16x96 Component Video Matrix Switch allows you to matrix send 16 video sources to 96 HDTV's and expand it to a true 16X160 component video matrix switcher, all with digital audio, by buying additional Colorado's and front end splitters. If you need to matrix switch analog right and left audio also see the above Companion analog audio matrix switch.
The Colorado 16x96 Component Video Matrix Switch is the most cost effective high performance matrix switch on the the market. It supports both HD component video and digital audio, plus offers easy integration with external HDMI matrix switches. If you need to add right and left analog audio and composite video switching, pair this switch with Colorado-AV 16x16 Audio Matrix Switch with built-in volume controls.
Control of this switcher can be managed via its front-panel control, IR remote control, RS-232, or our optional RS-232 to Ethernet Converter. The RS-232 to Ethernet Converter allows control of the unit from anywhere in the world given you know how to write RS-232 code and have the correct serial Ethernet hardware.
TIP 1: If you have composite video needs the green input of the component cable in and out can be used. The matrix switcher however DOES NOT convert composite to component and the outputs ZONES must be followed. Composite video cable lengths up to around 500 feet are fine for composite.
TIP 2: This 16x96 Component Video Matrix Switch switches both 16 component video and optional 14x6 = 84 digital audio signals and most HDTV's do not support digital audio inputs, only right and left analog stereo audio. If you have a few HDTV's that need audio you can buy our Digital Audio to Stereo Audio Converters so to listen to the speakers in the HDTV.
If you buy the Colorado-Audio a companion 16X16 audio matrix switcher you get a 256 step input audio volume equalization. This feature allows you to set gain/attenuation for each audio input. The intent is to equalize the volume from all your sources, eliminating the need to manually adjust the volume every time you select that satellite box with the low level output. The companion 16X16 audio matrix switcher still has the programmable OUTPUT volume settings and the above two work together to provide seamless stable volume control.
If you haven't yet had a chance to read about the volume control features on the companion 16X16 audio matrix switcher, I'd like to remind you that Snap AV makes a good, inexpensive 12 channel fixed gain power amp that pairs perfectly with the companion 16X16 audio matrix switcher. These together give you a complete solution for driving in wall speakers, and will save you hundreds of dollars from your current solution.
Key features of the Colorado 16x96 Component Video Matrix Switch:
- Unified IR and RS232 command set across entire line, 4x4 to 16x16 and beyond.
- Programmable volume control on analog audio using
- Burr-Brown amplifiers
- Latency from input to output: a few microseconds and not perceivable
- Switching delay: within 10-20 milliseconds and far shorter than the TV's will take to re-synch the new signal
- New front panel design
- Support for down loadable firmware updates over RS-232 Improved compatibility with difficult displays
- HDMI matrix expansion capability
- Programmable power on default: You can save the state of all outputs to flash memory. This state will be restored on power up.
- You can now link all output type switching
- Audio R/L BALANCE control with the optional audio matrix
- Config option to disable all audio gain functions (and remove them from LED menu)
- Config option to change the LED output zone numbers (for >16 zone systems)
- Flash modes are now usable with rs232 also
- Advanced mode operation (independent video & audio output control)
- Support for cascaded serial ports
TIP 3: Long component cables can be used depending on the specs of the cable. As with any cable at 1080i, look at the loss per meter at 30Mhz. Don't go beyond -3dB.
The entire product line offers unmatched upgrade capability. Please call us at 800-841-9238, tell us what product you have and we'll show you how to upgrade it with a newer switcher.
The Colorado 16x96 Component Video Matrix Switcher can be controlled by several methods, you can choose the one the best fits your home theater control needs.
- Manual control using the front panel buttons
- IR control using a programmable remote.
- IR control using your standard remote.
- Zerokey can learn any remote keys to control the Colorado
- RS-232 control with a PC or your existing home theater controller.
ZeroKey Technology: There is no remote control that comes with the Colorado as the remote control interface can use ZeroKey infrared code cloning to map any remote control key to each of the inputs and outputs. ZeroKey technology is compatible with virtually all remote controls, and does not interfere with the normal operation of the remote.
ZeroKey programming is stored in flash memory, and you will not need to reprogram even if you lose power. If you buy a new remote in the future, don't worry, the Colorado can be reprogrammed as much as you like. Alternately, you can see the below universal remote controls and the software is there for it below software to fully control this Colorado Component Video Matrix Switch.
Free Windows control software: VSXCtl provides a free fully customizable control package for our switches. It can run on any windows platform, and can connect to the unit using many common options.
VSXCtl is primarily targeted for commercial applications in order to provide an easy to use control solution as no additional cost. VSXCtl can also be used as a debug tool during installation, a supplemental control method to an IR based system, or a primary residential control system in cost sensitive applications.
Optional VSXCtl 1.0 Features
- Up to 80 output zones and 16 input zones per instance (multiple instances can be run for larger systems)
- Basic mode operation (Video & audio outputs linked)
- Volume, balance, and input gain control
- Full configurablity of input and output zone names
- Full configurability of Flash mode slot names
- 2 way communication for device status
- Direct connection to your computers RS232 port
- USB control using a generic USB=>RS232 adapter
- Ethernet control using our Ethernet=>RS232 adapter
The Colorado 16X96 Component Video Matrix Switch includes:
- Colorado HDTV matrix switch as described
- 6 - 12V DC desktop power supplys
- No owners manual, please download the latest version below.
- No remote control as you can use any remote control, see the ZeroKey section above or the manual
- No rack ears, see the above options.
- 3 year labor and parts warranty
How to program a remote control to operate a Colorado 16X80 component matrix switcher:To do a full 16x96 component video you will need >50 remote keys. Generally the remote control should be a programmable remote. In that case, the setup is very easy.
- Download the below Pronto codes and upload these to the remote (if it doesn't support CCF, you can use the HEX format)
- Use the 16 output select and 16 input select codes as is, these will work for both switches
- For switch one, the "V" select code will just be the default
- For switch two, copy the "A" select code to a "V2" select code
- On switch two, learn the "V2" code into zerokey IR code 0.
- Do the same for switch 3.
- To control outputs 1-16 send Code "V", send output select code, send input select code
- To control outputs 17-32 send Code "V2", send output select code (output -16), send input select code
- To control outputs 33-48 send Code "V2", send output select code (output -16), send input select code
- To control outputs 49-64 send Code "V2", send output select code (output -16), send input select code
Why not buy this Colorado 16x96 Component Video Matrix Switch today?
The Colorado 16x96 Component Video Matrix Switch Specs:
- 16 1080p component video input sets
- 96 independently controllable 1080p component video output sets
- Optional 64 digital audio input sets (16 coaxial, 12 TOSLINK) - requires above splitters
- 56 independently controllable digital audio output set with transcoding (16 coaxial, 12 TOSLINK) - requires above splitters
- Remote IR control with Zerokey code learning ability
- RS-232 input for serial control
- RS-232 output for expansion and HDMI matrix control
- Flash based micro controller which allows firmware updates over the RS-232 port
- Professional quality video amps capable of driving cables up to 300 feet
- Designed and tested to pass all video signals up to and including 1080p
- Steel rack mountable case
- Optional rack mounting ears
Additional Colorado 16x96 Component Video Matrix Switch Specifications:16 (16X3) High bandwidth analog component inputs:
- 75 Ohm terminated at all frequencies
- Gold plated matched low impedance RCA jacks
- 1Vpp nominal input swing (Y-Pb-Pr) or 1.3Vpp (Cvbs), 4Vpp maximum(DC invariant)
- DC rejection via capacitive coupling
- Crosstalk < -80 dB
- Source impedance 75 Ohms
- Gold plated matched low impedance RCA jacks
- All output sets individually controllable/switchable
- High performance amplifier capable of driving over 300 feet of good quality coax cable per output
- 2V/V gain to properly drive output load termination (zero effective gain at display)
- -3dB bandwidth > 100 Mhz
- Optical digital audio inputs have built in shutters, no plugs needed
- Selectable transcoding from coax digital audio
- All outputs individually controllable/switchable
- Gold plated matched low impedance RCA jacks
- AC coupled to protect all connected equipment
- Capable of driving over 300 feet of good quality coax cables
- Selectable transcoding from optical digital audio
- All outputs individually controllable/switchable
- IR receiver (front)
- RS-232 control input (DB9 female) & RS-232 expansion output (DB9 male)
- The warranty covers parts and labor for 3 full years of parts and labor.
- Flash programmable micro controller enables ZeroKey remote technology
- Ultra wide bandwidth integrated buffered t-switch matrix prevents crosstalk or signal distortion
- Independent professional quality video amplifiers for best performance
- High reliability capacitors and self resetting fuse protection for long life
- Designed and manufactured in the USA
- Housing: Black steel rack mountable housing: 4x17"x13"x3.5" - (4 RU)
- 6 - AC Adapters - 117 VAC to 12 VDC, 3 amp, center positive
We have 1-Colorado B-Stock 16X16 component video matrix switch (w/non programmable input termination meaning it must be used as a 16x16 or with front end powered splitters for a 16x32 and up) that are being sold with a 3 year warranty for only $2000. That is $500 off of our normal low sale price. Call 800-841-9238 to place your order now as first come, first serve and they won't last long. Shipping and the Pronto remote control is not included. There is ~1-1/2 week lead time on this unit.
We have one Colorado with 3 bad outputs (13 outs instead of 16 outs) w/non programmable input termination meaning it must be used with front end powered splitters if upgrading to a 16x29 and up. The outputs can't be repaired and is being sold with a 3 year warranty for only $1600 as a 16x13 matrix switcher. That is $900 off of our normal low sale price. Call 800-841-9238 to place your order now as first come, first serve and it won't last long. Shipping is not included. There is ~1-1/2 week lead time on this unit. Shipping and the Pronto remote control is not included.
We have 2-Colorados with 4 bad outputs (12 outs instead of 16 outs) w/non programmable input termination meaning it must be used with front end powered splitters if upgrading to a 16x28 and up. The outputs can't be repaired and is being sold with a 3 year warranty for only $1500 as a 16x12 matrix switcher. That is $1,000 off of our normal low sale price. Call 800-841-9238 to place your order now as first come, first serve and it won't last long. Shipping is not included. There is ~1-1/2 week lead time on this unit. Shipping and the Pronto remote control is not included.
|16x32 Component Video Matrix Switch - iPad App|
Price: $8,200.00Today's price: $4,999.95
(You Save: 39%)
|16x48 Component Video Matrix Switch w/Optional CAT5 Baluns|
Price: $14,999.95Today's price: $7,499.95
(You Save: 50%)
|DIRECTV® SPORTS BAR DEAL|
User Manual for the Colorado Component Matrix Switch
Control4 2-way drivers
Programming an IR remote
RS-232 control code with a PC or your existing home theater controller
Raw Hex format Pronto Codes
Pronto .ccf Codes
Sony Remote Control Download
Windows control software
More 16X16 Pronto Remote Control Codes
16X32 Pronto Remote Control Codes
16X32 Wiring Diagram
How to wire a 16X48 with Y cables
Stacking Matrices User Guide
Q: What is ZeroKey control?
A: There is no remote control that comes with the Colorado as the remote control interface can use ZeroKey infrared code cloning to map any remote control key to each of the inputs and outputs. ZeroKey technology is compatible with virtually all remote controls, and does not interfere with the normal operation of the remote. ZeroKey programming is stored in flash memory, and you will not need to reprogram even if you lose power. If you buy a new remote in the future, don't worry, the Colorado can be reprogrammed as much as you like.
HDTV Supply has two types of 3 year warranties for you to use with your Colorado component matrix switcher(s). Either can be used throughout the 3 year life of the warranties.
One is our expedited 3 Year ColoradoCare Warranty for its Colorado line of component matrix switchers for installations that require immediate responses in the unlikely event a matrix goes bad and you need to be back up ASAP. The benefit of the 3 Year ColoradoCare Warranty is your establishment can be up and running usually within 24 hours after a failure. The other 3 year warranty is our standard Return To Factory (RTF) warranty. Both are described below.
Here is how the 3 Year ColoradoCare Warranty works:
1. Call our tech support at 800-841-9238 to verify the unit has gone bad. Our hours of operation are 8AM to 5PM PST Monday through Friday and we observe most holidays.
2. If we can't fix it over the phone and you need to be back up ASAP than you will then need to do the following...
Buy a new one at Component Matrix Switchers and pick the shipping speed you need and we will email you an an RMA number to send the unit back at your expense to the address we give you in the RMA request. You will need to give us the spec on your system on whether it is a 16x16, 16x32, 16x48, etc and which unit it is so we can program the front panel selection guide button before we ship.
3. We then will expedite your shipping of a new one from our Texas distribution center and if the order comes in by 10AM PST we will try to ship it that day at the shipping method you chose in the order. Any credit card issues may delay us getting the unit out so be sure you have enough limit on the card and it is valid when we call the 800 number on the card that you tell us over the phone.
4. Upon receiving the defective unit back our engineers will verify why the unit is bad and if found it due to our material or workmanship defects we will refund the purchase of only the matrix as you will need to pay the shipping costs you selected on the new order as well as a $150 expedited fee.
5. If we cannot ship a new unit within 24 hours due to our problem the $150 expedited fee will be waived.
6. If we find the unit is defective due to the unit and the TVs attached to it not being protected by surge protectors or any other issue other than materials & workmanship you will be charged a repair fee which will be deducted from the above refund. We will call you with a repair estimate. Past failures due to surges cost between $300 and $600.
Again, the benefit of the 3 Year ColoradoCare Warranty is your establishment can be up and running usually within 24 hours after a failure.
HDTV Supply's standard warranty is a 3 Year Return To Factory (RTF) Limited Warranty on all Colorado matrix switchers. The warranty states that (a) its products will perform substantially in accordance with the accompanying written materials for a period of 3 years from the date of receipt and (b) that the Product will be free from defects in materials & workmanship under normal use & service
for a period of 3 years. The warranty does not include surges or other acts of God so we recommend you have surge protectors on all TVs using these http://www.hdtvsupply.com/tv-surge-protector.html or similar to as well as a properly rated surge protector on the matrix and all devices attached to it.
A 3 Year Return To Factory warranty is defined as if in the unlikely event a unit goes bad and our factory tech support has verified it so all you need is to call us for an RMA number and upon receiving the RMA send the unit at your expense to the address we give you in the RMA request. Upon receiving the unit back our engineers will verify the unit is bad and repair or replace it and send it back to you by insured UPS ground at our expense. This repair process can take up to 3 business days (usually 24 business hours) depending upon (1) the severity of the repair, (2) the work load of our engineers and (3) the ability to contact you.
HDTV Supply also sells an optional 5 Year warranty for all Colorado products which is also a (RTF) Return To Factory Limited Warranty and is handled by a large 3rd party Extended Warranty Service (similar to Best Buy) named From Consumer Priority Service. See their Terms and Conditions at Extend Your Purchase With Our Extended Warranty Plan From Consumer Priority Service. The extended warranty does not include surges, or other acts of God, so we recommend you have surge protectors on all TVs.
Questions & Answers
Ask a question about the 16x96 Component Matrix Switcher - iPad App or Call 800-841-9238