16x48 Component Video Matrix Switch w/Optional CAT5 Baluns
This Colorado 16x48 Component Video Matrix Switch allows you to matrix send 16 video sources to 48 HDTV's and expand it to a true 16X160 component video matrix switcher, all with optional digital audio by buying additional Colorado's and front end splitters. Since it is made up of 3 - 16X16 matrix switchers in the unlikely event of a failure you always have 32 TV's working during the repair. 3X - 16x3 cable splitters front end the 3 - 16x16 component video matrix switch to its 16X48 configuration.
The Colorado 16x48 Component Video Matrix Switch Features:
- 16 1080p component video input sets
- 48 independently controllable 1080p component video output sets
- Optional 42 digital audio input sets (16 coaxial, 12 TOSLINK) - requires above splitters
- Optional 42 independently controllable digital audio output set with transcoding (16 coaxial, 12 TOSLINK) - requires above splitters
- Remote IR control with Zerokey code learning ability
- Latency from input to output: a few microseconds and not perceivable
- Switching delay: within 10-20 milliseconds and far shorter than the TV's will take to re-synch the new signal
- RS-232 input for serial control
- RS-232 output for expansion and HDMI matrix control
- Flash based micro controller which allows firmware updates over the RS-232 port
- Professional quality video amps capable of driving cables up to 300 feet
- Designed and tested to pass all video signals up to and including 1080p
- Steel rack mountable case
- Optional rack mounting ears
- Unified IR and RS232 command set across entire line, 4x4 to 16x16 and beyond.
- Optional programmable volume control on analog audio using Burr-Brown amplifiers
- New front panel design
- Support for down loadable firmware updates over RS-232 Improved compatibility with difficult displays
- HDMI matrix expansion capability
- Programmable power on default: You can save the state of all outputs to flash memory. This state will be restored on power up.
- You can now link all output type switching
- Audio R/L BALANCE control with the optional audio matrix
- Config option to disable all audio gain functions (and remove them from LED menu)
- Config option to change the LED output zone numbers (for >16 zone systems)
- Flash modes are now usable with rs232 also
- Manual control using the front panel buttons
- IR control using any programmable remote.
- IR control using your learnable standard remote.
- Zerokey technology can learn any remote keys to control the Colorado
- RS-232 control with a PC or your existing home theater controller.
- Optional Pre-owned Pronto Remote Control.
Control of this switcher can be managed via its front-panel control, IR remote control, RS-232, or our optional RS-232 to Ethernet Converter. The RS-232 to Ethernet Converter allows control of the unit from anywhere in the world given you know how to write RS-232 code and have the correct serial Ethernet hardware.
TIP 1: If you have composite video needs the green input of the component cable in and out can be used. The matrix switcher however DOES NOT convert composite to component and the outputs ZONES must be followed. Composite video cable lengths up to around 500 feet are fine for composite.
TIP 2: This 16x48 Component Video Matrix Switch switches both 16 component video and 14 digital audio signals and most HDTV's do not support digital audio inputs, only right and left analog stereo audio. If you have a few HDTV's that need audio you can buy our Digital Audio to Stereo Audio Converters so to listen to the speakers in the HDTV.
If you buy the Colorado-Audio a companion 16X16 audio matrix switcher you get a 256 step input audio volume equalization. This feature allows you to set gain/attenuation for each audio input. The intent is to equalize the volume from all your sources, eliminating the need to manually adjust the volume every time you select that satellite box with the low level output. The companion audio matrix switcher still has the programmable OUTPUT volume settings and the above two work together to provide seamless stable volume control. If you haven't yet had a chance to read about the volume control features on the companion 16X16 audio matrix switcher, I'd like to remind you that Snap AV makes a good, inexpensive 12 channel fixed gain power amp that pairs perfectly with the companion 16X16 audio matrix switcher. These together give you a complete solution for driving in wall speakers, and will save you hundreds of dollars from your current solution.
This Colorado 16X48 matrix switcher allows any 16 of the 16 component video and optionally 42 digital ( not right and left analog audio ) audio inputs to be switched to any of the 32 independent component and is perfect for a bar, restaurant or multi-room home theater system.
Analog right and left audio can be added by buying the above companion 16X48 AV matrix switcher.
TIP 3: Long component cables can be used depending on the specs of the cable. As with any cable at 1080i, look at the loss per meter at 30Mhz. Don't go beyond -3dB.
The entire product line offers unmatched upgrade capability. Please call us at 800-841-9238, tell us what product you have and we'll show you how to upgrade it with a newer switcher.
This 16X48 Component Video Matrix Switcher Video distribution system is the ideal amplifier for driving long video cables in your home. Many vendors claim their products can do this, but very few can accomplish this without distortion of the video. The most important amplifier design factors in driving long cables are source impedance matching, output connector quality, amplifier bandwidth, and amplifier current drive and slew rate. The output amplifiers of the Colorado use the best components for all these, resulting in the best signal distribution you can get.
ZeroKey Technology: There is no remote control that comes with the Colorado as the remote control interface can use ZeroKey infrared code cloning to map any remote control key to each of the inputs and outputs. ZeroKey technology is compatible with virtually all remote controls, and does not interfere with the normal operation of the remote.
ZeroKey programming is stored in flash memory, and you will not need to reprogram even if you lose power. If you buy a new remote in the future, don't worry, the Colorado can be reprogrammed as much as you like. Alternately, you can see the below universal remote controls and the software is there for it below software to fully control this Colorado Component Video Matrix Switch.
Free Windows control software:
VSXCtl provides a free fully customizable control package for our switches. It can run on any windows platform, and can connect to the unit using many common options.
VSXCtl is primarily targeted for commercial applications in order to provide an easy to use control solution as no additional cost.
VSXCtl can also be used as a debug tool during installation, a supplemental control method to an IR based system, or a primary residential control system in cost sensitive applications.
VSXCtl 1.0 features
- Up to 32 output zones and 16 input zones per instance (multiple instances can be run for larger systems)
- Basic mode operation (Video & audio outputs linked)
- Volume, balance, and input gain control
- Full configurablity of input and output zone names
- Full configurability of Flash mode slot names
- 2 way communication for device status
- Advanced mode operation (independent video & audio output control)
- Support for cascaded serial ports
- Customized graphics and dealer contact information
- Direct connection to your computers RS232 port
- USB control using a generic USB=>RS232 adapter
- Ethernet control using our Ethernet=>RS232 adapter
How to program a remote control to operate a Colorado 16X48 component matrix switcher:To do a full 16x48 component video you will need >50 remote keys. Generally the remote control should be a programmable remote. In that case, the setup is very easy.
- Download the below Pronto codes and upload these to the remote (if it doesn't support CCF, you can use the HEX format)
- Use the 16 output select and 16 input select codes as is, these will work for both switches
- For switch one, the "V" select code will just be the default
- For switch two, copy the "A" select code to a "V2" select code
- On switch two, learn the "V2" code into zerokey IR code 0.
- Do the same for switch 3.
- To control outputs 1-16 send Code "V", send output select code, send input select code
- To control outputs 17-32 send Code "V2", send output select code (output -16), send input select code
Why not buy this Colorado 16x48 Component Video Matrix Switch today?
Colorado 16x48 Component Video Matrix Switch Specifications:48 (16X3) High bandwidth analog component inputs:
- 75 Ohm terminated at all frequencies
- Gold plated matched low impedance RCA jacks
- 1Vpp nominal input swing (Y-Pb-Pr) or 1.3Vpp (Cvbs), 4Vpp maximum(DC invariant)
- DC rejection via capacitive coupling
- Crosstalk < -80 dB
- Source impedance 75 Ohms
- Gold plated matched low impedance RCA jacks
- All output sets individually controllable/switchable
- High performance amplifier capable of driving over 300 feet of good quality coax cable per output
- 2V/V gain to properly drive output load termination (zero effective gain at display)
- -3dB bandwidth > 100 Mhz
- Optical digital audio inputs have built in shutters, no plugs needed
- Selectable transcoding from coax digital audio
- All outputs individually controllable/switchable
- Gold plated matched low impedance RCA jacks
- AC coupled to protect all connected equipment
- Capable of driving over 300 feet of good quality coax cables
- Selectable transcoding from optical digital audio
- All outputs individually controllable/switchable
- IR receiver (front)
- RS-232 control input (DB9 female) & RS-232 expansion output (DB9 male)
- The warranty covers parts and labor for 3 full years of parts and labor.
- Flash programmable micro controller enables ZeroKey remote technology
- Ultra wide bandwidth integrated buffered t-switch matrix prevents crosstalk or signal distortion
- Independent professional quality video amplifiers for best performance
- High reliability capacitors and self resetting fuse protection for long life
- Designed and manufactured in the USA
- Housing: Black steel rack mountable housing: 17"x13"x3.5" - (3 RU)
- AC Adapter - 117 VAC to 12 VDC, 3 amp, center positive
The Colorado 16x48 Component Video Matrix Switch includes:
- Colorado HDTV matrix switch as described
- Front end cable splitters.
- 3 - 12V DC desktop power supply
- Owners manual, please download the latest version below in advance now.
- No remote control as you can use any remote control, see the ZeroKey section above or the manual
- No rack ears, see the above options.
- 3 year labor and parts return-to-factory warranty
- No component cables are supplied as we don't know your lenghts
|Component Matrix Switch Options||MORE INFO ON COLORADO MATRIX SWITCHERS FROM HDTV SUPPLY|
|Component DC Voltage Blocker |
Price: $99.95Today's price: $49.95
(You Save: 50%)
This 16x48 Component Video Matrix Switch works with:
- Any high definition Dish Network and DirecTV receiver with component outputs
- High definition TiVo's with component outputs
- Any high definition cable receiver with component outputs
- Canadian Rogers, Shaw, Bell ExpressVu and Star Choice receivers with component outputs
- Any "Over The Air" (OTA) high definition receiver with component outputs
- WII, Sony PS2 and PS3, HD DVD and Blu-ray DVD players with component outputs
- Any Xbox360 with component outputs
- Any upconverting DVD player with component outputs
- Any DVHS VCR with component outputs
- An APPLE TV with component outputs
- Any PC video card with (Y-Pb-Pr, check your manual) component outputs
- Any high definition camcorder with component outputs
- Many A/V surround sound receivers with component switching.
- and other similar devices.
We have 1-Colorado B-Stock 16X16 component video matrix switch (w/non programmable input termination meaning it must be used as a 16x16 or with front end powered splitters for a 16x32 and up) that are being sold with a 3 year warranty for only $2000. That is $500 off of our normal low sale price. Call 800-841-9238 to place your order now as first come, first serve and they won't last long. Shipping and the Pronto remote control is not included. There is ~1-1/2 week lead time on this unit.
We have one Colorado with 3 bad outputs (13 outs instead of 16 outs) w/non programmable input termination meaning it must be used with front end powered splitters if upgrading to a 16x29 and up. The outputs can't be repaired and is being sold with a 3 year warranty for only $1600 as a 16x13 matrix switcher. That is $900 off of our normal low sale price. Call 800-841-9238 to place your order now as first come, first serve and it won't last long. Shipping is not included. There is ~1-1/2 week lead time on this unit. Shipping and the Pronto remote control is not included.
We have 2-Colorados with 4 bad outputs (12 outs instead of 16 outs) w/non programmable input termination meaning it must be used with front end powered splitters if upgrading to a 16x28 and up. The outputs can't be repaired and is being sold with a 3 year warranty for only $1500 as a 16x12 matrix switcher. That is $1,000 off of our normal low sale price. Call 800-841-9238 to place your order now as first come, first serve and it won't last long. Shipping is not included. There is ~1-1/2 week lead time on this unit. Shipping and the Pronto remote control is not included.
|8x40 Component Video & Audio Matrix Switch - iPad App|
Price: $15,000.00Today's price: $5,499.95
(You Save: 63%)
|16x32 Component Video Matrix Switch - iPad App|
Price: $8,200.00Today's price: $4,999.95
(You Save: 39%)
|16x64 Component Video Matrix Switch w/Optional CAT5 Baluns|
Price: $19,999.95Today's price: $9,995.95
(You Save: 50%)
User Manual for the Colorado Component Matrix Switch
Control4 2-way drivers
Programming an IR remote
RS-232 control code with a PC or your existing home theater controller
Raw Hex format Pronto Codes
Pronto .ccf Codes
Sony Remote Control Download
Windows control software
More 16X16 Pronto Remote Control Codes
16X32 Pronto Remote Control Codes
16X32 Wiring Diagram
How to wire a 16X48 with Y cables
Stacking Matrices User Guide
Q: What is ZeroKey control?
A: There is no remote control that comes with the Colorado as the remote control interface can use ZeroKey infrared code cloning to map any remote control key to each of the inputs and outputs. ZeroKey technology is compatible with virtually all remote controls, and does not interfere with the normal operation of the remote. ZeroKey programming is stored in flash memory, and you will not need to reprogram even if you lose power. If you buy a new remote in the future, don't worry, the Colorado can be reprogrammed as much as you like.
HDTV Supply includes a 3 Year Limited RETURN TO FACTORY U.S. Warranty on this 16x48 Component Video Matrix Switch. The U.S. warranty states that (a) its products will perform substantially in accordance with the accompanying written materials for a period of 3 year from the date of receipt and (b) that the 16x48 Component Video Matrix Switch will be free from defects in materials & workmanship under normal use & service for a period of 3 years. In order to get a warranty replacement for a defective item, HDTV Supplys Support Team will verify the product is eligible for warranty. An RMA number will then be issued. Shipped replacements will be in like new conditions, tested and all components included. A 30-day RETURN also comes with this warranty as well as Free Lifetime Tech Support.
HDTV Supply also sells a 5 Year Extended U.S. Warranty for this 16x48 Component Video Matrix Switch. Please go to Extended Warranties or see the above Options to purchase it.
Questions & Answers
Ask a question about the 16x48 Component Video Matrix Switch w/Optional CAT5 Baluns or Call 800-841-9238
Here is how to program onder provided remote controls with ZeroKey Technology: This Component Matrix Switcher uses ZeroKey Technology if you want to use it with a remote control (not supplied). It can be controlled manually by the front panel or by any remote control given it has enough buttons. The remote control interface uses ZeroKey infrared code cloning to map any remote control key to each one of the four video & audio inputs.
The remote control interface uses ZeroKey infrared code cloning to map any remote control key to each one of the video & audio inputs. Here are the steps to program the matrix for your remote control.
- Press the toggle button to select the input/output pair you would like to train
- Hold the toggle button for 3 seconds and release
- The LED indicator for the selected channel will now flash continuously, this means it is ready to be programmed
- Aim your remote control at the matrix switch and press the key you would like to use to select this input
- The LED indicator will stop flashing, this means the code has been stored.
- Repeat for the other input/output pairs (up to 16 total).
Today's price: $3,999.95
(You Save: 73%)